Shocks

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Shocks

Postby soc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:23 pm

I'm thinking of splashing out on some new shocks - I'm sure they have never been changed so I'm thinking it could be time.

I was thinking of either Koni's from Camskill to go with the Apex lowering springs I already go there. The only reservation I have is the ride quality - I had koni's fitted to my old 205 gti and it was like driving a go-kart everywhere. Anyone fitted uprated shockers to their FTO? Was there a further reduction in ride height (cause the koni shockers should be slightly shorter than the std set)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:48 pm

If I'm correct, Tein, JIC and Koni are the only people who made kits for the FTO, the former two cost big bucks though. Its my personal opinion, but I wouldn't throw a load of money at a uprated shocks, ride quality will still be hard unless you set them fairly high.

My next purchase will be a full set of replacement shocks for the GPX. My car is 10 years old and the shocks are on their way out, I'll be swapping in something like the kit that Camskill sell for £250. As it stands, the car handles fantastically with lowering springs and front\rear strut braces.
Combined with grippy tyres, uprated droplinks, poly bushes all around and computerised wheel alignment, you will do well to get better handling.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:47 pm

CJ wrote:Combined with grippy tyres, uprated droplinks, poly bushes all around and computerised wheel alignment, you will do well to get better handling.

Ciaran

I hear that, maybe I should get the std shocks camskill sell and spend a bit on uprating all the bushes - I think I should do all the front bushes and the rear trailing arm ones too.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical