Manual GPX (maybe), advice??

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Manual GPX (maybe), advice??

Postby daniel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:16 am

Folks, In about 7 weeks time i am emigrating to live and work in scotland (thanks to blue_Fto, for some advice on living there), new job and all that. So i have two options, sell my car here, or bring it to scotland with me. Im not sure yet which to do, to decide i i need to find out

1) Any ideas how much my car is worth here, any looking i have done shows a big range of prices for a GPX. Here is the spec.

1995 GPX, Manual
Pyrness Black
ITG Filter
Oil Temp Gauge
Sony MD head unit, with 10 CD changer
nokia car kit
AutoWatch Alarm and Immobliser
Always serviced with Mobil 1
(see picture of car in gallery section)

2) If i bring the car to scotland, Just wondering from a MOT point of view, does anybody know what needs to be done to the car, i think i heard that you might need a rear fog light???

Any help appreciated
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:26 am

I think you can change one of the lights in the back cluster to a fog light without having a silly one hanging off the bumper or cut into it.

I think FTO's are slightly more expensive in the Uk so maybe it would be a good idea to bring it with you as you know its been looked after.

Was there much work in fitting the oil temp gauge?

R
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby daniel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:30 am

Cheers on the adivce, not sure on the oil temp gauge. it was fitted when i bought the car two years ago!, the temp probe is fitted in through the sump nut though if this is any help, and the gauge is in where the clock should be!.
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Re: Manual GPX (maybe), advice??

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:49 am

daniel wrote:Any ideas how much my car is worth here, any looking i have done shows a big range of prices for a GPX

Dan, at current rates, your GPX is worth between 6 and 6.5k, maybe a few hundred quid more if you're willing to wait around for a sale. You will sell it in the UK for approx £6k which is not far off €9k, do the maths!

daniel wrote:If i bring the car to scotland, Just wondering from a MOT point of view, does anybody know what needs to be done to the car, i think i heard that you might need a rear fog light???

Will the car have to be SVA'ed? If not, then an MOT should be enough. Check out this thread from the FTOOC forum on the foglight issue. If might be worthwhile posting the same question on the FTOOC form to see what comes back.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 am

Cheers Ciaran, sounds like the sensible thing to do is bring it with me!, get it mot'd and either sell it there, or keep her and do some nice mods..if i sell i think i might look at an elise, or mybe an old 911!, there is alot to choose from over there
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:37 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You were supposed to get him to sell it.... to me! :p

:P
Dean

Postby daniel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:54 pm

Dean, if you want to have a look at her let me know, ill send you a pm
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Return to For Sale