Headlight Conversion

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Headlight Conversion

Postby Diddler » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:31 am

Guys,

I was wondering if there was such a sealent for converting the headlights. What i want to do is, do away with the actual headlight lense, spray the inside and seal it up so that no water can penetrate and mess up the lights. Its a simple mod and i know its been done before. Looks the business as well!!
Anyone got any info on this?
Thanks
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:53 am

I have seen Ferrari do it to the 550 and 575 which have similar looking headlights to the FTO but I've never seen it on an FTO - I doubt it would be a simple enough mod to be honest - I have seen guys take the lens off and paint the interior of the lens the same as the body colour of the car - but the lens has always been put back on - not sure the existing lights would be suitable for this type of mod but good luck trying.

I would suggest you source a couple of spare second-hand headlights as a mod like this will take time to get right and if you botch it then it won't have cost you time taking the bumper off or having the lights off the car.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Diddler » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:01 pm

Good Point, but with chrimbo just around the corner i'm going to have to leave all these mods till January!!!

Maybe Steelroe could give me a shout with a price for 2 headlights :?:

Anyone got any ideas as to what sort of sealant I could use?
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:30 pm

I'd say you'd have difficulty sealing up everything effectively and cleanly, in saying that just buy a broken set and give it a go anyway, no point in buying a perfect set, they'll cost a few quid, even second hand. This mod wouldn't be to my taste mind you, I reckon it might detract from the clean lines up front, but each to their own :)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical