Mazda Roadster RS

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Mazda Roadster RS

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:12 am

If anyone knows of someone looking for a Conv for the summer then you might point them in the direction of this AD on CBG -
http://www.cbg.ie/CarPictures/default/CL_49309.jpg
http://www.cbg.ie/CarPictures/default/CL_49309a.jpg
http://www.cbg.ie/CarPictures/default/CL_49309b.jpg

Selling the GF's car at the moment - really nice drive with some choice extras like a Limited Slip Diff / Tein Adjustable Suspension / HKS Induction / Chrome Style Bar / Alessio Alloys / 6 speed box / new CD with Sub woofer etc

PM for more details
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:02 pm

A big thank you to MyfeckinFTO + GF for the test drive. I always had a lot of pre conceived ideas about the MX5. Always thought it would be a bit bland and would be like driving a corolla with the top cut off! Happily I couldn't have been more wrong. What a sweet car, really involving, sweet revy engine with close ratio 6 speed box. Just begs to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck, a proper drivers car. For me the whole package is exactly what a proper roadster should be. One of those cars where theres a real sense of occasion every time you drive it.
Best of luck, but you shouldn't have any problem selling it.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:49 pm

No prob Mustang - glad you enjoyed the spin.
Have to say though - the normal 1.6 is not as nice to drive - smaller brakes, 5 speed box, softer suspension and a lot less power - this RS's extra 60BHP, Tein coilovers and an LSD provides a rather different experience. It would actually make a really nice track or drift car - you can really hang the back out while being very easy to control.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed May 04, 2005 10:47 am

Car now sold. Not sure whether I'm happy to have sold it or sad that its going but thats always a sign of a good car.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed May 04, 2005 10:48 am

Car now sold.

Locally?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed May 04, 2005 10:55 am

Mustang wrote:
Car now sold.

Locally?

Yeah - A doctor from limerick bought it. I could have sold this car 3 times over the last weekend - once people took it for a spin they where hooked except for a guy that I think was genuinely scared of it. It was raining at the time and was a little tail happy when he sidestepped the clutch. :roll: TBH I was a fairly nervous passenger as well.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed May 04, 2005 11:00 am

I could have sold this car 3 times over the last weekend -

Nice one. Like I said you missed your calling, there's a career oppertunity just waiting for you! All you need is a sheep skin coat and a porta cabin :)

TBH I was a fairly nervous passenger as well.

Now you know how I feel. A taste of your own medicine :twisted:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed May 04, 2005 11:35 am

Mustang wrote:Nice one. Like I said you missed your calling, there's a career oppertunity just waiting for you! All you need is a sheep skin coat and a porta cabin :)

:lol: Nah - I wouldn't be able to sell the more mundane crud currently blocking up our highways and byways. I would only have an interest in selling cars that I would like to drive - I wouldn't be able to keep the smirk off my face when describing the finer points on a 98 Daewoo that I had for sale.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Japanese Performance