MAZDA 6

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

MAZDA 6

Postby steelroe » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:56 pm

I am considering buying a Mazda 6 (Hatch), solely because we urrently have 2 two door cars (FTO and civic hatch) and think it is time to buy at least one practical car (civic is going by the way). Anyone on here ever own one of these or had bad expereience with them. All the reviews I have read are very favourable.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby pergau » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:24 pm

I have had one of each of the last 3 models of Mazda323 (MRs Pergau still has the '99 one) and they were the most trouble-free cars that I've ever had. NEver a problem, easy to service and looked nice.

I realise that this isn't the Mazda6 but I've never heard of a bad mazda experience.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:36 pm

Have a mate with a Turbo Diesel 6 - never had any problems - Jap cars of this vintage (Avensis,Primera,Galant,Accord etc) really don't give problems if correctly serviced - any probs I have seen are self inflicted - the long intervals between services on modern cars are causing people to go 20K miles without bothering to check oil, coolant etc leading to obvious problems frequently blamed on the car. :roll: - a guy that lives near me blew an engine on his Mazda 6 last week and I suspect (despite him blaming Mazda) that it was down to neglect.

IMO the Mazda 6 (& Honda Accord) are the nicest cars in their class.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:49 pm

I decided to go with the MAZ 6

Got a '03 with 40K (Touring Model), alloys,cruise, traction control, climate etc for €12.5K. Beautiful car to drive and looks good too in my opinion.

Cheers for the comments
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:51 pm

Let's see the pics !!

While we're on the topic of tourings I saw pics of the new Chrysler 300C Touring - it's an imposing machine to say the least
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars