Disgusted with NCT.

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Disgusted with NCT.

Postby msmorrissey » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:58 am

Have just returned from NCT cnetre, Car was passed with flying colours, immacculate. They failed me!! They inist that the sunblocker at the top of the winscreen is not an integral feature of the car and is interferring with vision and the sweep of the wiper blades. I Told them this is an original styling feature of the car and that all FTO have this feature and that it has been on the car since it rolled off the production line. It has never been an issue before in the NCT. Asked him to Contact Head office and clarify poisition, head office spouted the same and said they have tried to contact Mitsubishi to see if this is an original feature, there has been no response from Mitsubishi. Whet the f**k is going on here..... Help would be appreciated anyone.. they said if i can get a letter from Mitsubishi saying this is an original feature of the car then they will issue the cert...
msmorrissey
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby kevinod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:35 am

I nearly have to go out and look at my own car, but I don't think I have a sunblocker on there.... :?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby kevinod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:36 am

Here's a close pic of my windscreen, no sunblocker...

kevinod

Re: Disgusted with NCT.

Postby Mustang » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:45 am

msmorrissey wrote:Have just returned from NCT cnetre, Car was passed with flying colours, immacculate. They failed me!! They inist that the sunblocker at the top of the winscreen is not an integral feature of the car and is interferring with vision and the sweep of the wiper blades. I Told them this is an original styling feature of the car and that all FTO have this feature and that it has been on the car since it rolled off the production line. It has never been an issue before in the NCT. Asked him to Contact Head office and clarify poisition, head office spouted the same and said they have tried to contact Mitsubishi to see if this is an original feature, there has been no response from Mitsubishi. Whet the f**k is going on here..... Help would be appreciated anyone.. they said if i can get a letter from Mitsubishi saying this is an original feature of the car then they will issue the cert...

If they are saying that the sun blocker (sun shade) is interferring with the sweep of the wipers, then I assume it's on the outside of the screen. If so it's almost certainly an after market job. Is this a solid colour or one of those ones that transitions from light tinting to dark? I belive solid colour ones are a no-no as far as NCT is concerned.
BTW I'd say there are two chances of getting a letter from mitsi regarding a used jap import.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 pm

that's a pile of horse manoure - show us your windscreen mate..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby kevinod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:05 pm

I can understand the annoyance when its never been flagged for the NCT before though, there's a big consistency problem with the test, between test centres but even worse between testers in the one centre!
kevinod

Postby msmorrissey » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:24 pm

annoyance and bewilderment!! Asked the tester in the Centre, since he had no guidelines to make a personnal jugdement, said he had to concur with head office. down the country at the moment will post a picture of the offending sunblocker later on.
msmorrissey
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Storm » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:08 pm

rip it off - get the certificate - put a new one on.

Problem solved

HTH

Bill
Storm
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby msmorrissey » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Did just that this morning, ripped it off and he had the cert printed by the time I got to the window!! So silly.
msmorrissey
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Storm » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:19 pm

msmorrissey wrote:Did just that this morning, ripped it off and he had the cert printed by the time I got to the window!! So silly.

It is nuts isn't it? Do you guys need a new one every year like our MOT?

I remember swapping tyres on my wifes Mini to get it through an MOT then changing them back right after it. Of course that was before we had kids and cared about things like personal safety etc :lol:

Plus, she didn't know!

Bill
Storm
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Mustang » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Storm wrote:
It is nuts isn't it? Do you guys need a new one every year like our MOT?

First NCT is required after years then ever two years after that.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:32 pm

lads, I don't think I'll bother NCT'ing my GPvR. I have had nothing but hassle from these clowns over the years. I didn't bother NCTing my last car for the past year and was stopped by gardai a couple of times (routine checks, but once for coming out of the toll traps too fast) and never a word said once the tax and insurance are 100%.

Once I read that article in the times about NCT corruption and proof that they were 'failing' cars to meet 'targets' I thought screw this sh1t. fcuk them. corruption central. They told my old man that he needed a new tyre cause the tester could see "canvas" on the tyre. Canvas? wtf? canvas? Its a tubeless modern tyre.. they have steel in them not canvas... pure balls. Inspected the "offending" tyre myself thoroughly and nothing wrong with it. wasn;t even worn at all. total bullsh1t. they know most people won't say fcuk all. Last thing I want is some stupid monkey revving the balls out of my mivec to tell me he can see a split in a rubber boot etc. replace it and retest. fcuk off.

sorry.. but no time for this sh1te. its purely about money making. not road worthiness.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:33 pm

I think the key to this is to keep a good positive attitude.. maybe bring flowers and an easter egg.. :r
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby CJ » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:40 pm

....and off starts the argument again ;)

CJ
Last edited by CJ on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:44 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:lads, I don't think I'll bother NCT'ing my GPvR. I have had nothing but hassle from these clowns over the years. I didn't bother NCTing my last car for the past year and was stopped by gardai a couple of times (routine checks, but once for coming out of the toll traps too fast) and never a word said once the tax and insurance are 100%.

Once I read that article in the times about NCT corruption and proof that they were 'failing' cars to meet 'targets' I thought screw this sh1t. fcuk them. corruption central. They told my old man that he needed a new tyre cause the tester could see "canvas" on the tyre. Canvas? wtf? canvas? Its a tubeless modern tyre.. they have steel in them not canvas... pure balls. Inspected the "offending" tyre myself thoroughly and nothing wrong with it. wasn;t even worn at all. total bullsh1t. they know most people won't say fcuk all. Last thing I want is some stupid monkey revving the balls out of my mivec to tell me he can see a split in a rubber boot etc. replace it and retest. fcuk off.

sorry.. but no time for this sh1te. its purely about money making. not road worthiness.

It's refreshing to hear someone who's in touch with their emotions :smt013
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ikeane » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:03 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:stopped by gardai a couple of times (routine checks, but once for coming out of the toll traps too fast) and never a word said once the tax and insurance are 100%.

I find the the gardai dont care about the nct but if you're stopped by the Traffic Corps they'll def do ya for it.
Happened to someone I know...ahem :roll:
ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:05 pm

:lol: well this is it Mustang... you know yourself... metro modern man and all that jazz. :r
nah I dunno. I suppose you have all talked about this till your blue in the face, and everyone has their own opinion and experience of the NCT. I might do it yet. but its not a priority at the minute. not as much as a timing belt and full service is. :)
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Gwyn » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:10 pm

Just bite the bullet and get it done - traffic police will pull you for it, and if you have an accident and need to claim on your insurance they will request a cert of roadworthiness - and if you don't have you can kiss the claim goodbye. They don't need much of an excuse to not to pay out, so don't hand them one on a plate.......

Have to say I had no problems with the people at the NCT - all helpful, and fairly up to speed on FTO's
Gwyn
Octane king
Octane king

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Gwyn wrote:Just bite the bullet and get it done - traffic police will pull you for it, and if you have an accident and need to claim on your insurance they will request a cert of roadworthiness - and if you don't have you can kiss the claim goodbye. They don't need much of an excuse to not to pay out, so don't hand them one on a plate.......

Have to say I had no problems with the people at the NCT - all helpful, and fairly up to speed on FTO's

seriously!? they will request an NCT cert if you have any insurance claims? ffs... I spose I'll need to get it done then. is it as simple as ringing up withthe reg to book an appointment? it hasn't been done before as its just been imported.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby ikeane » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:55 pm

Just ring and book....easy as
ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to NCT \ MOT