canyon where radio should be

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

canyon where radio should be

Postby dikdastardly2004 » Sat May 01, 2004 9:52 pm

just got 1st 95 fto on thursday . radio knackered . can anyone tell me can you get a plate to cover the hole for the radio so i can fit new cd . wiring diagram for radio would be nice
dikdastardly2004
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Timmo » Sat May 01, 2004 10:42 pm

Mitsubishi sell two different 'single DIN' trays to fit in the gap that will be left above/below your new stereo, one with and one without a up and over flap on it. But if I were you I would look on the funkyproduct website and search for the 'FTO stereo blanking plate'

---> http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php? ... eNumber=46 <---

This is a much shineyer product and has a light in it too!

As for a wiring diagram http://www.funky-fto.co.uk/wiring_stereo.html

HTH
I Love It, I Love It, I Love It!

1995 Black FTO GR, Lowered Suspension, Sports Exhaust, Alpine ICE (bar the kak sony explode head unit!) Called ...Zia!
Timmo
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby pergau » Tue May 04, 2004 2:03 pm

In the meantime, If you just want to close up the hole (until you get the proper tray), what I did was to cut a rectangle out of the piece of hard plastic from the bottom of a Superquinn green bag, and clip it into place.
The plastic is the same(ish) colour as the dash and looks fine.

I replaced my stereo 6 months ago and the plastic does the job so well that I haven't bothered to look for a tray yet and that's despite the lack of cubby-holes in a FTO.

Alternatively, you sould send me €19.95 and I'll send you a precision cut plastic blanking plate.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Return to FTO Technical