1997 FTO GPX WANTED

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

1997 FTO GPX WANTED

Postby iwannafto » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:45 pm

I'm looking for a 1997 GX/GR/GPX. Will pay up to €11,500 in cash.
Does anybody know where to start looking?
Its my first FTO so any help would be appreciated.

Jeff.
iwannafto
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:06 am

look at the two posts below this one...
Neil
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby iwannafto » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:17 am

Not too crazy about the colour, I was hoping for silver or black and the rear spoiler doesn't do it for me either.... any other tips?
iwannafto
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:17 am

iwannafto wrote:Not too crazy about the colour, I was hoping for silver or black and the rear spoiler doesn't do it for me either.... any other tips?

Don't get too hung up on colour.
Condition is very important - then model type e.g. Manual GPX is sought after but hard to find a good one. I have had a red GR and presently have a silver GPX but I would have prefered a blue or black one but simply went for the best that was available at the time. A spoiler is easy to sort out and should be the least of your worries. There are several threads on the forum covering what to look for when buying an FTO.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iwannafto » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:23 am

I spoke to some guy in Sean Byrne Autos and he told me that they were expecting a shipment from Japan this Monday....do you or do you know of anyone who has had experience in dealing with this garage i.e. are the cars generally in good condition etc?
iwannafto
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Mustang » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:34 am

Iwannafto,
Like Neil said Mivec is selling two FTO's a '97 white GPvR and a '97 red GPX. Both available with the GPvR spoiler. And now that he is open to offers I would say that both are within your budget!
Personally I prefer the standard spoiler to the GPvR one, but you could always sell on the GPvR spoiler they fetch big money.
Iwanafto wrote
I spoke to some guy in Sean Byrne Autos and he told me that they were expecting a shipment from Japan this Monday....do you or do you know of anyone who has had experience in dealing with this garage i.e. are the cars generally in good condition etc?

I can't comment on the quality of the cars but he takes the p!ss a bit with his prices.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:44 am

iwannafto - im pretty much in the same boat, I've about 10,500 - 11,000 to spend (unfortunately ive to factor in an est. 3000 for insurance :x) which leaves me with about 7,500 (absolute max) for the car about 500 - 1000 to give it a good polishing up and a bit of service/stereo/tyres or whatever when I have it.

the options are really just a) import b) the usual used cars places c) off here, no point going through the pros and cons again in this thread - if you look through the main forum I think i've asked just about every question I could think of so most of its been covered.

good luck!
Neil
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to For Sale