Dublin Meet, [13th Aug 2005]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Dublin Meet, [13th Aug 2005]

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:19 pm

OK, the time has come around again to get a meet off the ground, this time its eastside!

The plan is to meet up somewhere in Dublin (venue TBD) on the morning of Saturday the 13th of August for some tyre kicking and banter. After we've sufficiently compared exhaust tip sizes and debated the merits of Wavin as a suitable cold-air induction material, we then head off to Crossfire in Kilternan for an afternoon session of paintball! (1.30pm - 5.30pm) When we've adequately covered MfFTO in paint by the end of the afternoon, next up is a meal and a few pints. I'm open to suggestion on this one, but it might make sense for everyone to head back to their place of stay and meet back up in the city for a night out in town.

Some points to note re Paintball:

I've provisionally booked 10 places for Paintball (this figure is not set in stone), I have a week to confirm.
Paintball will cost €40 per person, a €20 deposit MUST be paid in advance for each person taking part. This is something that I can work out individually with whoever is coming along. You have a week to confirm your interest so as we can make this one happen.

Its been a while since we've had a proper Dublin meet so I would ask the Dub owners out there to make a special effort, people will be travelling from other parts of the country so get off your keyboard and into your car!

Crossfires website is http://www.crossfire.ie/

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:19 pm

If you can attend this meet, please add your name to the list. Remember, definites only as depostits have to be paid up front.

1. CJ + 1
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:45 pm

1. CJ + 1
2.MfFTO + 1
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:43 pm

Does the +1 mean that you guys are bringing energetic wives / girlfriends ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:51 pm

Kace wrote:Does the +1 mean that you guys are bringing energetic wives / girlfriends ?

Sure does, theres nothing stopping you bringing a mate though. You up for it Kace?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Adiefto » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:57 pm

CJ,

Can you us down as a poss coming over from the u.k depends on the other half working and ferry crossings but we will only bring my car

Cheers

Adiefto And Sunnysiren

Main Show Sponsor For the Devon Performance and Modified Car Show 2006 23rd July And French Car Show
Adiefto
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby RussMan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:06 am

1. CJ + 1
2.MfFTO + 1
3. RussMan + 1
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby agent s » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:13 am

Will be at the meet no problem, but have to find out more about FTO's & engines & all those weird letters & numbers that you guys talk about :oops: Otherwise I'd just be able to talk about how pretty it is... :r Probably will pass on the paintball this time around :shock: but it's a great idea!!

Can't wait! :D
“Don’t upset me. I’m running out of places to hide the bodies.”
agent s
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CByrne » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:30 am

1. CJ + 1
2.MfFTO + 1
3. RussMan + 1
4. Agent s
5. Cbyrne

Looking fwd to see what can be achieved with my car (may be stealing ideas, apologies in advance :wink: )

Def do paintballing but maybe at a housewarming that eve, will try squeeze a few pints in.
CByrne
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:07 am

agent s wrote:Will be at the meet no problem, but have to find out more about FTO's & engines & all those weird letters & numbers that you guys talk about :oops: Otherwise I'd just be able to talk about how pretty it is... :r Probably will pass on the paintball this time around :shock: but it's a great idea!!

Can't wait! :D

There will likely be quite a few girls doing the paintball Agent S - it will be for laughs only - the best way to learn a little more about your car is to attend a meet and have a natter - talking about how pretty it is is fine by me. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:24 pm

I might drop along for the tyre kicking if you guys don't mind a golf tagging along.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:04 pm

shane wrote:I might drop along for the tyre kicking if you guys don't mind a golf tagging along.....

Why not come along for the whole day?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:09 pm

shane wrote:I might drop along for the tyre kicking if you guys don't mind a golf tagging along.....

Tell you what Shane - If you get some DC skirts and a bozz front adapted to fit on the Golf we'll allow you to come along :wink:

Hope you can make the day - It may sway you back towards the light.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:24 pm

i'll confirm probably monday, doubt me and lady will paintball but i'll let you know, Marc will probably be coming along to this, don't know if it's a good idea letting him do tha paintballing seeing that he's in the army!
far too much testosterone that chap! :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:27 pm

Dave wrote:, Marc will probably be coming along to this, don't know if it's a good idea letting him do tha paintballing seeing that he's in the army!

Its ok by me as long as he's on my team :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
Dave wrote:, Marc will probably be coming along to this, don't know if it's a good idea letting him do tha paintballing seeing that he's in the army!

Its ok by me as long as he's on my team :lol:

yeah mine too!
seeing that the irish army doesn't actually do anything apart from "train" he should have a few tricks up his sleeve alright
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby PT FTO » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:46 pm

1. CJ + 1
2.MfFTO + 1
3. RussMan + 1
4. Agent s
5. Cbyrne
6. PT FTO

Will be there hopefully, probably on my own as the better half will be delivering our 'next arrival' within the next week or two so don't think she would be up for any energetic activities for a good while yet.
How and when do you want this deposit paid CJ?
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:03 pm

CJ wrote:

Why not come along for the whole day?

CJ

I'm running a fitness camp for some of our nations skiing prospects that weekend so the best I'd be able to manage is to slip away for a few hours in the morning.

Anyway army guys and paintball are very scary... my dad was FCA and he mullered everyone at predator paintball down at my brothers stag in kerry.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:06 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:

Tell you what Shane - If you get some DC skirts and a bozz front adapted to fit on the Golf we'll allow you to come along :wink:

Hope you can make the day - It may sway you back towards the light.

Hehe, believe it or not I have seen a chav'd up golf from the UK with a veilside/wings west front and skirts.... think the owner really wanted a jap coupe but bought a golf instead.... uummm, sounds like someone I know ;)

Don't worrk MfFTO, I'm working on a cunning plan which (hopefully) in time will see a nice shiney (weekend only) manual '99 GPX sitting alongside my workhorse.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:22 pm

PT FTO wrote:How and when do you want this deposit paid CJ?

Paypal preferably but a cheque would do. I'll contact everyone individually early next week on this point.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:59 am

Dam,

Why is it that the day that is picked that i'm working :( :( just checked the calender and i'm due on for that day, but i'll see what i can do then again i might have already finished up by then. I won't know for sure for a couple of weeks weather i can make it or not but i'll let you know as soon as i can.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby kevinod » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:22 am

Daz wrote: I won't know for sure for a couple of weeks weather i can make it or not but i'll let you know as soon as i can.

Same here, sounds interesting but I might be on call for the weekend (which generally involves waiting around beside a computer for the phone to ring). Hopefully I'll have a better idea during the week.

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:03 am

1. CJ + 1
2. MfFTO + 1
3. RussMan + 1
4. Agent s
5. Cbyrne
6. PT FTO
7. Nigel + 1

Total so far: 11

Ok guys, its decision time, if you're up for painballing, this is the last day to add your name to the list, I need to look at paying deposits over the next 2 days or so. On that note, can each person pm me their preferred deposit payment method (Paypal or cheque) and I'll sort it out on an individual basis.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:05 am

i won;t be adding my name to the paintballing and i had a chat with Marc and his arm is in a cast for 6 weeks so he won't be up for it either but we should both be up for a few beers and a meal afterwards!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:15 am

Can't commit to it now, the on call lists for next weekend aren't done up, never mind next month! :roll: need to get me a new job...

Bit long of a drive for just an hours tyre kicking, so I'll be giving it a miss I think...
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Next

Return to Irish FTO meets