ahahahaaaahahahAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

ahahahaaaahahahAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Postby Dean » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 am

Went in for a full test again (I was just over the 30 days so no re-test)
Emissions passed (thanks steelroe) but *dun dun DUNNN* they failed me on "spongy brakes".
He looked a little shocked when I pulled out the previous months test form and advised him that they were perfect just over 5 weeks ago, and I happen to have driven the car twice since then.
I appealed at the front desk and they brought out the head guy. Who gave them a quick go, looked confused and said "Right. Ill sort it".
Lo and behold, a pass.

NCT having dodgy practices? Noooo.
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:48 pm

A prime example of why Im not getting my car NCT'd. screw them. A bunch of dodgy money making scammers. Failing by the "percentages" so people who look after their car like us end up failing on random things like spongyness. BS. Fair play for complaining. They know most people who know NOTHING about cars won't challenge it and will just go to a garage with the failure cert and be told they need new pads and labour to fit them...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Fair play Dean, make a case and stand up to them and things usually go differently!
The whole nct thing is a joke, ok, for some cars, no way should they be on the raod, but unfortunately these are the cars that pass! My neighbour had a '94 Carina, pure farmer, grass growing in the boot, moss all over the shop, piece of crap, everyone thought it was a big laugh when he was telling them his nct was coming up! And bang, he passed first time!
I had my car for 5 months before I got it nct'ed when I brought it in. In that space of time got stopped 3 times by cops at a random checkpoint. They looked at the windscreen, which had tax, insurance, but no nct, and said nothing, let me go on my way.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby finers » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:41 am

mcgon1979 wrote:A prime example of why Im not getting my car NCT'd. screw them. A bunch of dodgy money making scammers. Failing by the "percentages" so people who look after their car like us end up failing on random things like spongyness. BS. Fair play for complaining. They know most people who know NOTHING about cars won't challenge it and will just go to a garage with the failure cert and be told they need new pads and labour to fit them...

Ye agree totally it's a B**S*** money making scam, mates car passed, few days l8r his brake disc shatterd!! the oposite side also had hairline fractures in them,, "introduced in Ireland to improve road safety"LOL, im glad to say my FTO passed last week but i new something was up with it, turns out it needs a new wishbone cos the balljoint is a loose as F***, it passed aswell, safe my ar$e. :D
Black 98 GPvR Manual,
finers
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Kace » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:58 am

finers wrote:
mcgon1979 wrote:A prime example of why Im not getting my car NCT'd. screw them. A bunch of dodgy money making scammers. Failing by the "percentages" so people who look after their car like us end up failing on random things like spongyness. BS. Fair play for complaining. They know most people who know NOTHING about cars won't challenge it and will just go to a garage with the failure cert and be told they need new pads and labour to fit them...

Ye agree totally it's a B**S*** money making scam, mates car passed, few days l8r his brake disc shatterd!! the oposite side also had hairline fractures in them,, "introduced in Ireland to improve road safety"LOL, im glad to say my FTO passed last week but i new something was up with it, turns out it needs a new wishbone cos the balljoint is a loose as F***, it passed aswell, safe my ar$e. :D

In fairness - you would hardly expect them to either check for or detect hairline fractures in a brake disc. If they were down to that level of detail, the car would be in there all day.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby finers » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:18 pm

In fairness - you would hardly expect them to either check for or detect hairline fractures in a brake disc. If they were down to that level of detail, the car would be in there all day.

Ye agree with you Kace, but the point i was trying to agree with in my humble opinion is it's a money making scam, if the test is to insure safety on irish roads by checking the road worthiness of private vehicles then they surely should check for these other things as-well, also even failing people because there spare tyre isn't tied down etc., i've just seen too many cars pass which honestly shouldn't be driving on the roads today, including my own FTO which is getting fixed tomarrow :D
Waiting on the next government meaningless charge to come in so they can take more of my money. think it might be the new road charges next.
Black 98 GPvR Manual,
finers
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Dragonheart » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Reason my FTO failed was cause of not having the word 'Corcaigh' on the number plates. You know the small little tiny word that no-one notices? Well apparently it must be a major health and safety issue as I had to go back with 2 stickers on my plate. Just as well they pointed it out to me or I'm sure there would have been trouble if the cops checked my number plate while squinting hard at it as they knelt down on the floor! Money making scam is all it is.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to NCT \ MOT