questions from new zeland

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

questions from new zeland

Postby greeney88 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:29 am

hi i just had a w.o.f the same as an mot back in the uk my 1995 fto failed AGAIN this time it was the exsaust a small leak thats not the issue tho as i can get that done by a friend

but after a quick chat turns out i need to flush the cooling system but have no idea how things cost so much in nz so i would like to do it myself

2 i needed to take the front bumper off to replace the grill and clean the lights up i looked on the forum and found a post but after 2 hours i was still stuck i removed all the bolts from the top of the bumber the wheel arches ect but then it said to remove 4 .... 2 either side from the subframe well i found 4 bolts but the were really hard to get to and after removin 3 of them the 4th i could not get to as there was parts in the way it was no looser i rekon i got the wrong ones any help would be great like i said nz is a rip and it cost so much for so little
greeney88

Re: questions from new zeland

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 am

The bolts are high up in the engine bay when you're underneath the car, you will need an extension to a rachet wrench to get at them, so its likely you are loosening the right ones. They can be a bit awkward to get at all right. Once they are loose the bumper will need a good tug to get it off, (don't say it Shane or Laura...we know what you're thinking). I know when I took mine off I wasn't sure if I had the right ones off either but keep at it and it'll come away from the frame all right, just take care not to scratch the side of the car with it.

And if you think NZ is a rip try living in Ireland! Ye Kiwi's have it easy compared to here! :D
The WOF is a dawdle compared to the NCT, not corrupt like what we have to go through. Whereabouts you from in NZ?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical