breaking the leggy its crashed €600

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

breaking the leggy its crashed €600

Postby eamop » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 pm

well lads i bought steelroes (rory) legnum off him there a few weeks back hoping id have the time to convert it to commercial but i just dont have the time to source the materials as work is crazy at the minute with no signs of slowing,and im in need of another car so its for sale at the same money i bought it for €1000.any pics can be seen on rorys for sale post and members know the cars details and history.i wont sell it for less than the 1k advertised as its killing me having to sell it as it is.this hurts even saying it but i will break it if theres enough interest (sorry rory) it has two sets of alloys incl. standard fto 16s with great tyres.i will also swap it for something decent,insurable,diesel,van hot hatch etc but unfortunately not an fto cheers lads. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Last edited by eamop on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: selling the legnum allready

Postby eamop » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:02 pm

something happened with the legnum today not sure what happened as in driver error or mechanical fault it all a blur but my right foot was on the ground outside the car and still dragging as the car went through the fence and the door slammed my knee so pretty sure it wasnt on the accellerator but it took off from parked outside my house through a fence across a road and hit a wall so its definitely for breaking now engine box alloys etc if you want anything bid on it and ill get back to you only looking to cover my cost of purchase so prices will be reasonable it has original 16" fto alloys on it with good tyres i have another set of 17" needing two tyres and all the other leggy bits bar the near side front corner as its mashed but the rad and engine is still intact and its still driving fine

cheers folks
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: breaking the legnum allready crashed

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Jaysus, sorry to hear
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

colm_mcm wrote:Jaysus, sorry to hear

cheers colm keep goin over it in my head and just cant figure out what happened i was showing the car to my neighbour and he was asking about the gear box, had my right foot on the brake went through the gears and showed him how the tip worked, put it in neutral, swung my right leg out and just as my right foot hit the ground,car reved up and took off it happened so quick,not sure if it was in n properly or i blipped the throttle as i swung my leg out,i cant think of a mechanical issue with the car that would cause it to happen, all though, the traction control is playing up,cant see it causing the car to shoot off like that scary sh1t though.anyway main thing is no one was hurt except the fence and the car that is.
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby richardc9052 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Sorry to hear dude... hows the leg? im sure you will make the money back by selling parts..

Hopefully this means a 6a13TT fto is born.....

Edit: sometimes it can look like its in N if your shiftin from P back to D and then to N fast.. not sure why but it doesnt click in, or show up on the dash as being in N.. only happened once before but just went to try see if i can do it again and it only works if you do it in that exact motion... when i say fast i just mean the same speed you would go from P to D normally, but without stopping and just going straight back to N...
Cos they are "GORGEOUS" - StewyD32
richardc9052
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby eamop » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm

leg is fine thanks car is a bit scratched lol hopefully some one buys the bits off it head is wrecked i had it advertised to sell but had just changed my mind and i sold my fiancees car today to fund the van i need for work and gave her my bmw.i was showing it to my neighbour just before i parked it up til i get the summer hols so i could work on it but thats life i suppose sh1t happens.
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Jesus man ya had a rough time of it, hopefully ya make the money back with parts, awful pity, main thing is your alright and nobody was hurt
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby eamop » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:Jesus man ya had a rough time of it, hopefully ya make the money back with parts, awful pity, main thing is your alright and nobody was hurt

yeah cheers man im not really bothered about the car or making money like you said no one including me was hurt (leg a little sore but no damage) thats the main thing could of been a lot worse i mounted the path to go through the fence and then straight across the main road in the estate and up another kerb across a path before hitting a wall so could of hit pedestrians or a car im a lucky man
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: breaking the leggy its crashed €600

Postby eamop » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:44 pm

as the title change says 600 complete only needs a couple of hundred to put right cheap at this price
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Danny Kierans » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:02 pm

pm sent.

might just be a gpvr-tt coming to ireland very soon.was going to do evo-fto but this will do just fine,
My new site http://www.turbowizz.com
The Kandy FTO maker. :)
Playstation id= danny-jnr-why

NO-1GR MANUAL 96|NO-2GR TIP 94|NO-3 GPVR MANUAL 97|
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby TopCat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Have to say, if i had my Honda sold, would have been so tempted to buy this, a €500 FTO, and build me a track car!
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby eamop » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 pm

its a lot of car for small money lads but i have an offer of a teg as a swap so i will post if i deal. teg owner is happy with legnum so im going to look at his teg tomorrow and if its alright ill be dealing,its nctd til 2013 so its a good offer
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Danny Kierans » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:20 pm

:smt022
dont do it... :nwor

Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby eamop » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:09 pm

ok lads it looks like the deal is being done for the teg sorry folks too good to pass up id need 1200 for the leggy just to make it worth changing my mind and i couldnt seel it for that with a clear consience
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 pm

eamop wrote:ok lads it looks like the deal is being done for the teg sorry folks too good to pass up id need 1200 for the leggy just to make it worth changing my mind and i couldnt seel it for that with a clear consience

:smt078 :smt089 :smt090
i was really looking forward to a tt fto..

Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby eamop » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:55 pm

sorry again mate :(
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:34 pm

You should have bought it when it was for sale for the last 3 years Danny. :)
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby eamop » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Dragonheart wrote:You should have bought it when it was for sale for the last 3 years Danny. :)

lol true story :ll :ll
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Danny Kierans » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Dragonheart wrote:You should have bought it when it was for sale for the last 3 years Danny. :)

mm. i didnt have an fto then.. got mine last year and have been upgrading since then to try get it in to n.c.t never mind change the engine..iv got another manual leggy from a different member.so its going ahead again. :D

Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby antovr4 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:05 pm

hey anto here bought the leggy of eamop happy out with it has a new front now...just fixed it provisionally outside his house. :) and off i went. the tc is acting up now and again... eventually ill have to replace the front panel cos its outa shape a bit but thats for another day as i dont drive it much atal...
antovr4

Return to Japanese Performance