Itchy Feet

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Itchy Feet

Postby dave100 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:45 pm

horrific as it may sound, im considering changed the fto :shock:

i had initially thought of a supra n/a for abt £6K but after some deliberating im thinking of just going the whole hog and getting a supra TT for abt £10K. Lately however iv noticed a few nice R34 skyline GTTs around that money. i had previously heard that skylines cost mega money to run compared to supras but im not sure if this is only applicable to GTRs.

Can anyone advise, before i make an ar$e outta myself on the skyline forum :)
dave100
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby CJ » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:04 pm

Its worth stating the obvious that turbo charged motors will have higher running costs in terms of fuel, tuning and maintanence.

Personally, if I were after a Supra, it would have to be TT - the Supra ain't the lighest of machines and you'll pay the same car tax either way.
They're pretty bullet proof in either guise.

I'd have the GTR over the GTS-T in terms of bang for your buck, that and 4WD. Its worth bearing in mind that powerful RWD cars can be a bit of a handful, especially in damp conditions (I rarely drive the Rex on boost in the wet, in fact I rarely drive it in the wet full stop!)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dave100 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:48 am

I know the score with turbo cars running costs CJ and dont mind a bit of back end action in the wet (ooer) but i have it in my head that skyline running costs are in another league agn compared to the more popular turbo beasts inc the rex, due to their parts prices.
I take your point on the GTR being betr but it will be an R33 for that money and not the R34 :?
decisions decisions
dave100
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to Other Cars