Washer Jet Lines and Reservoir Cleaning

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Washer Jet Lines and Reservoir Cleaning

Postby Wagalini » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi guys,

I want to clean out the washer reservoir and the jet lines. I think some dirt got into or formed in the reservoir. Any ideas how to go about cleaning it out?

I don't want to waste the jet motors spraying what's in there out so I'll try and suck it out using a hand pump and hose. Then use warm water and some agent (fairy liquid) to clean the reservoir.

Has anyone cleaned their's before? Any advice is welcome.
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Washer Jet Lines and Reservoir Cleaning

Postby goz_83 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Have you tried disconnecting the hoses from the jets first? It is more likely to be a blockage in the reservoir though, so I would first try some cleaning agent there and get some down the hose too. leave for a while and pray.

The jets in the 98 GPX I sold were blocked. A few minutes in some hot water and cleaning agent cleaned them right out.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Wagalini » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks for the tip goz! I'll give that a go and see what happens.

It's not that they're blocked. The water shoots out fine but there's some grimy stuff in it that leaves a residue on the bonnet.
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:38 am

Oh. I misunderstood. In that case, just use a strong agent mixture and run the jets for 3-4 seconds and give them a break for same length so you don't risk damaging the motor....which would take a lot more abusing. Filling the reservoir a couple of times and doing this should be plenty.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Wagalini » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 am

Sound. Yeah that was the original and easiest plan so I'll give that a go before anything else.

Hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend.
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to FTO Technical