RSA trying to curb car modifications

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

RSA trying to curb car modifications

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm

WTF is this????? Remember that EU ruling a while back that was about preventing people from modifying their cars...well it looks like the RSA are trying to actually bring it in over here. This is really a bad thing for people who want to improve features of their cars.
http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Your-Vehicle/Vehicle-Standards/Information-Notes-Consultations--EU-proposals-/Consultations-/Active-Consultations/Consultation-on-Post-Registration-Vehicle-Modifications-/
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: RSA trying to curb car modifications

Postby goz_83 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Perhaps we should prepare submissions and make sure the other relevant forums know about this too. I do believe that certain mods should be done by professionals, but what counts as a mod? If I change the colour of my hand brake, or put a leather gaitor over it, is that a mod I have to declare? Bloody beurocrats!
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: RSA trying to curb car modifications

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 pm

I already posted this on boards modified cars section but we all need to act now. we have been bullied into thing we didnt like in the past but this hasnt gone trough yet. email the RSA. tell them why it is a bad idea. Some people on boards think this will only affect the guys withlowered civics with lowered suspension and hid kits but it will effect everyone. cheap body repair paint shops will be put out of business with them needing approval to operate. mechanics wont be able to buy cheaper parts and give you good deals. us motorists are hit so hard already and the RSA want to destroy motoring as a hobby.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Return to General FTO Discussion