Intro

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Intro

Postby crossroads » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:01 am

Hi All. My name is Graham and I live in Australia. I am a new FTO owner (1995 GPX) and I look forward to sharing some FTO experiences with you. Two questions about lighting to start. 1st. I just installed an alarm and the interior light (dome light) and door sill led's stopped working. I can still turn the interior lights on by switch but they do not work when the door is opened. 2nd. I also installed a tow pack and have towed two different trailers. On both occasions after turning on the headlights I lost the tail lights, front parking lights and instriment lights. No-one could find the problem so an auto electritian bypassed something to get the lights to work. The second time blew the fuse in this bypass. Sorry it's so long. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Graham
crossroads
1st gear
1st gear

Postby elaine » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:23 pm

Hello Graham, Welcome along ,hope all is well down below. By the way guys I mean Australia before ye start
elaine
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Thanks guys

Postby crossroads » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:38 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. I know it's not right to tow with my FTO but it looks sooooo cute crusin' down the freeway with a sexy little speed boat behind. And yes everything is fine down below. Thanks for asking.
crossroads
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Wildhound » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:18 pm

Or, and I don't know why, a big Ifor Williams trailer full of garden furniture and trees.
Wildhound
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 am

your trailer is likely to be shorting the lighting circuit. check any point where the wiring comes through the body, e.g. mudguards.
colm_mcm

Postby crossroads » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:47 am

colm_mcm wrote:your trailer is likely to be shorting the lighting circuit. check any point where the wiring comes through the body, e.g. mudguards.

Thanks Colm, I thought of that and it is unlikely that two different trailers would only blow out tail lights. Also the wireing is a flat ribbon type that comes out the boot when used and dosn't go through the body at all.
crossroads
1st gear
1st gear

Postby ftolam13 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Welcome :lol:
if you still had control, you haven't been fast enough 8)
ftolam13
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Return to Introduce yourself