speedo cockin up

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

speedo cockin up

Postby TAF » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:47 pm

Hi Guys, hows it goin. Look i was wondering if anyone could guide me. My speedo has stopped workin but starts workin for about 30 seconds occasionaly. Do you know what could be the problem i've tried plugging both connectors from each end of the connectors in properly but no help.

Cheers guys.
TAF
1st gear
1st gear

Damb it I have the same issue

Postby Larsdowg » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:17 pm

Hi there thought I would post a message you never know do you....you may have sorted it....
I have been having some issues with my Speedo dropping in and out. It has now stopped working completely.....I have checked the kmh/mph convertor and all is fine. I dont know whether it is the actual speedo or the controller unit that fits into the top of the gearbox, although I have had this unit out and it looks fine. Do you have a any suggestions please..
can anyone help us both???

any help really appreciated
Rick, poorly FTO GR 1995 Tip :( :( :(
Larsdowg
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:25 pm

Larsdowg, just replied to your email ;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

FIXED ish!!!!!

Postby Larsdowg » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:52 pm

Cheers CJ for the Diagnostics, worked a treat, and really simple to do... told me it wasnt an issue with anything on the car itself :D . So stripped the speedo to find that there was a broken link under the clock :cry: ........soldered this and fitted it back in all working....but now in KMPH not MPH.

Any idea where I can get a speed convertor from to fit to the back of the clocks as the one I have is now knackered...

thanks again for the help CJ, appreciated
Rick :lol:
Larsdowg
1st gear
1st gear

Re: FIXED ish!!!!!

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:21 pm

Larsdowg wrote:Any idea where I can get a speed convertor from to fit to the back of the clocks as the one I have is now knackered...

Rick, I'm not 100% sure if the delimiters/convertots that Funky Product sell are wired behind the dash or directly into the speed sensor, best thing to do is pop them a mail and see what comes back.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical