[EVENT] Modified Motors [12th Oct 2008]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

[EVENT] Modified Motors [12th Oct 2008]

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:59 pm

Modified Motors Live is taking place on Sunday 12th October in the vast surroundings of Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, Co Kildare. Gates open to the public between 10am – 6pm to an indoor exhibition centre that covers over 60,000 square feet that will be packed with Ireland’s best modified cars on display.

Attractions on the day include the indoor hall which will be overflowing with some of Ireland’s best tuned and styled modified cars. Ireland’s best websites will be competing to become the ultimate club champions by taking car display to the next level. For car audio enthusiasts EMMA Ireland are hosting a sound off where Ireland’s loudest cars compete to see who takes the crown and break the Irish record.

Be entertained by our live stage shows with top Dj’s and the News of the World Score Angels dancers performing throughout the day. Don’t forget about all of the trade stands selling parts and accessories at amazing show prices all day long and look out for exclusive deals offered to show visitors. We’re happy to announce that EA are bringing their amazing EA hub to showcase all of their upcoming game releases. This massive portable gaming exhibition will give everyone the chance to play the must have games of winter 2008 before they’re even released.

The Supercar pavilion will showcase some of the most exclusive exotic cars with a combined value in the millions! The championship winning 2007 Ferrari F1 car will also be on display for Grand Prix fans. We’ve also just confirmed that OB Sport and Rally Ireland are attending the show to launch their new 2009 official merchandise and will be bringing a WRC spec competition rally car for everyone wanting to get up and close with this serious machine.

A Modified Motors Live event isn’t complete without a Live Action Arena. For the first time ever in Ireland the Fuel Girls Live Action Show will feature Europe’s best Drifters, a flame spitting Buggy and Motocross bikes. Tyre shredding action is guaranteed in our massive outdoor arena.

indoors. sounds promising!

A few site members have expressed interest in this show. I will be in contact with the organisers to see what's involved and what sort of cars they're after.

Who would be up for this?
Last edited by colm_mcm on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
colm_mcm

Postby d_dan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 pm

i had a stand in this lst year good show
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:25 pm

I'll be thinking of ye while I'm bronzing my bod in the canaries. :lol:

My god, are shows getting later and later in the year or what? Suppose this one doesn't matter if it's indoors.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am

I'd be on for this Colm.........
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby elaine » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Me too
elaine
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby kevinod » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:16 pm

I'll try to make it up to the show, although I'm on call some weekend around then so better check if I'm available...
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Could be interesting, might be up for this all right if we had a stand in it.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby elaine » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:23 am

Any NEWS on this yet
elaine

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Been talking to the organisers there.
Due to space limitations (it's pretty much all indoors) and the organisers wanting their event to stand out from others, the standard they're looking for is heavily modified either mechanically or visually.
The only owners club entering the event is the Skyline owners club and all these cars are hardcore.

They aren't taking club entries, but anyone who wants to enter the show should sign up to the Modified Motors forum on www.modifiemotors.ie and fill out the online entry form.

I think Elaines car is pretty much guarunteed to be accepted, after that I don't know. I'd advise anyone with a very clean FTO (or other modified car, the more obscure the better) to enter and see what happens.
colm_mcm

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Wont bother so, they'd be looking for engine bay work and stuff like that too.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 am

It looks like that Martin. that said they are looking for a variety of cars, and ti would do no harm to send off an entry either way. it's all online so no envelopes!
colm_mcm

Postby elaine » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Went to this today what a load of S**** saw better cars in the car park ok there might have been 1 or 2 inside, as for the best modified cars in Ireland :smt043 :smt042 ,There was so much space outside where they could have put all the websites in together
elaine

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:23 pm

I fear Coolnights will be the same story.
colm_mcm

Postby kevinod » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 am

Glad I didn't go to the trouble of driving up from Cork then! Brother nearly went but decided against it on the day.

The last Modified Motors one that was in Millstreet was poor enough too, very little above average. Only cars I can remember were stock Ferrari/Viper/Elise that a hire company were using for advertising, and very poorly marshalled if at all - took nearly an hour to get out of the car park iirc.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 am

I was meant to have the car in the show this year... couldn't go as something came up, sounds like I didn't miss much by all accounts!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Irish FTO meets