Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Postby dave100 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:59 pm

Hi lads,

Im thinking of getting an FTO mivec so am just doing the usual forum scans for some info.

Iv always been a fan of jap cars with my last car being a heavily modded Evo VI (Reims blue sold to a guy in Skibereen) but iv always liked the looks of the FTO-pity theres no turbo option!

Im after a 97+ mivec manual but can only find tips even on the mainland. Im based in Belfast so obviously one in Ireland would be alot handier.

Anyone know of any in Ireland?

Dave
dave100
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:30 am

Welcome Dave100 :)

You're looking for the most sought after FTO model, hence the difficulty in sourceing one here. You've a few options in my mind:

Keep an eye on the usual publications, one will turn up.
Bring one in from UK mainland
Import from Japan

The Irish route will probably be cheaper but you might find that you'll be waiting around for one to turn up. You'd find a car on the UK mainland handy enough but you'd pay that bit extra I would imagine. Note that you can't import 97+ manual FTOs into the UK due to the fact that theres no SVA report available, on that basis, it might be easier to source one here (not too sure how that would work, I assume the North carries the same SVA rules of the rest of the UK?).

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:52 am

Mivec manuals are hard to find but well worth holding out for.

Still a bit of a step down on outright performance from an EVO - though I think you'll find the much reduced running costs will leave a lot more room for some choice mods - I'd personally love to stick an Evo engine into the FTO - that would be some blend of performance and looks.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:19 pm

Hey Dave,

welcome!

Don't know of any offhand, but I guess autotrader.ie, buyandsell.net, etc. are the best ones to keep an eye on, as well as the for sale forum on here.

Are there many FTO's around Belfast?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby dave100 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:31 pm

CJ i think i would be able to import a pre registered one from ireland or uk but the sva problem rules out a personal import damn
Looks like i might have to wait. not a problem as im in no great rush-the evo has given me a gutful of obsessing over a car :!:
mfFTO, step in performance is regrettable but to be expected after that badboy but am looking forward to savings in petrol, servicing, tyres, clutches, brakes and insurance :D I agree an FTO shelled evo would be the mutts nutts!
Kev, hardly any ftos in Belfast. One modded one last year and a few boring stock examples-v poor showing :(
dave100
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to Introduce yourself