Hi All

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hi All

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:33 am

How's things?

Im Dave, and im here as my FTO journey is about to begin! Looking at a 96 GPX Mivec tomorrow and cant wait.
I looked at a 1.8 GS today and was very impressed :smt001

I've drove Mitsubishi's for years but haven't made it down the FTO branch of Mitsubishi's tree. I've had 3 Mivec Mirage Cj4a, 4g92 powered cars and absolutely loved them, if the FTO is anything like them which im sure they are i wont be disappointed! I'l stick up a pic of my last car

If anyone can give me any pointers on what to look out for that'd be great, look forward to chatting with ye :smt006

Dave
[url]Image[/url]
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Hi All

Postby StewyD32 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:43 am

:wel . There are a few FTO's for sale here on here including mine, Have a look around :wink:
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Sebastian » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 pm

:wel

make sure the car is well mantained , there are a LOT of rust buckets around now .
a cheap fto doesn't always mean it's a good deal.

what''s your budget?

Also , i'd advise to look for a mivec engine . :mrgreen:
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Sebastian » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:58 pm

mileage is not important if the car was mantained propperly .
I know that car , was in my hands at one stage . that's a very fast FTO .!

how did you find it?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:03 pm

:wel
looks like you keep your cars well.
My new site http://www.turbowizz.com
The Kandy FTO maker. :)
Playstation id= danny-jnr-why

NO-1GR MANUAL 96|NO-2GR TIP 94|NO-3 GPVR MANUAL 97|
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:10 pm

cheers lads, I try to keep the cars as clean as possible, im fairly fussy with them ha ha. she's a nice FTO and very fast indeed, has been out of NCT since 07 though! im torn as wat to do, very noisy engine and its not just the 5zigen cat back making all the noise, as ya can see the engine bay is immaculate. I can get it for 1,850 if i want, it needs a bit of TLC.

Sebastien- can ya shed any light on the car? was it an old club car on here? was you the importer?
cheers
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Sebastian » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 pm

I bought it from here , from a lad that mantained her well , first owner in irl for the last few years .
the car moved on as my plans changed and i needed cash . the look of the car changed a bit but that car was present at a few shows , trackdays and FTO _Ireland meets .
i knew the nct was out when i bought it but the last owner assured me that it's only the exhaust that needs fixing .IT had different alloys back then though.
drive the yoke and if you like it go for it

anyway , whatever you buy just make sure you are happy before you give the money .
Sebastian

Postby TopCat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:32 am

Welcome along Dave. There are a number of very good value FTO's for sale at the moment, great time to be in the market for one. As mentioned, Mivec is probably the preferred option. I had a GS and a GPX, and there's a big difference, though both are enjoyable. Maintenance is the big thing. Regular servicing is obvious, but a change of bushes/droplinks etc can make the car feel incredible tight for a 10 year old car and a match for many modern cars in handling terms.
Either way, good luck with the hunt. You've a fun time ahead of you. :)
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 am

Sebastian wrote:I bought it from here , from a lad that mantained her well , first owner in irl for the last few years .
the car moved on as my plans changed and i needed cash . the look of the car changed a bit but that car was present at a few shows , trackdays and FTO _Ireland meets .
i knew the nct was out when i bought it but the last owner assured me that it's only the exhaust that needs fixing .IT had different alloys back then though.
drive the yoke and if you like it go for it

anyway , whatever you buy just make sure you are happy before you give the money .

Yeah i was told it was in shows and at club meets and so on. The exhaust is the reason i was given as well, hopefully thats all it is

cheers Sebastian
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:15 am

TopCat wrote:Welcome along Dave. There are a number of very good value FTO's for sale at the moment, great time to be in the market for one. As mentioned, Mivec is probably the preferred option. I had a GS and a GPX, and there's a big difference, though both are enjoyable. Maintenance is the big thing. Regular servicing is obvious, but a change of bushes/droplinks etc can make the car feel incredible tight for a 10 year old car and a match for many modern cars in handling terms.
Either way, good luck with the hunt. You've a fun time ahead of you. :)

Cheers TopCat. Mivec is indeed my preferred option and there's a few out there that have my attention, not enjoying looking though too much stress trying to make the right choice ha ha :smt005
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to Introduce yourself