Drink!

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:46 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:You can also have a couple (or ten for CJ & Dave) of pints and fall into the leaba safe in the knowledge you don't need to get back into the car till morning (again late afternoon for CJ and Dave).

Will we ever hear the end of this I wonder? In saying that, I wouldn't expect anything less from a shandy drinker :smt005

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:58 pm

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:You can also have a couple (or ten for CJ & Dave) of pints and fall into the leaba safe in the knowledge you don't need to get back into the car till morning (again late afternoon for CJ and Dave).

Will we ever hear the end of this I wonder? In saying that, I wouldn't expect anything less from a shandy drinker :smt005

CJ

:lol:
I had to switch to Shandys or I'd have ended up like you guys. :smt078
Its a little sneaky - I admit - but it all made sense in the morning. :smt083
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:59 pm

CJ wrote:

CJ

:smt082 :smt044

he seems to forget Nigel was there as well!!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Dave wrote:.....he seems to forget Nigel was there as well!!!

I'd have mentioned Nigel only hes not on the forum to have any banter with himself. :?

Also didn't forget Mustang - but he looked in alright shape the following morning so I guess theres no point going there either - I think the country lads were a little wiser to the non-closing bars over here in the West - the crew from inside the pale learned the hard way. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:27 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:the crew from inside the pale learned the hard way. :lol:

I always say that experience is a cruel master but as me da used to say 'You'll never learn!" Gotta tell ya though, its a lot more fun being a drunken paler :smt030 than a shandy drinkin' westie :r (hangovers aside ;))

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:05 pm

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:the crew from inside the pale learned the hard way. :lol:

I always say that experience is a cruel master but as me da used to say 'You'll never learn!" Gotta tell ya though, its a lot more fun being a drunken paler :smt030 than a shandy drinkin' westie :r (hangovers aside ;))

CJ

:smt046

Sounds like you guys might need another over-nighter....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:01 am

Kildare is outside the pale!!! :twisted:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:16 am

Dave wrote:Kildare is outside the pale!!! :twisted:

Ahem:

http://www.chapters.eiretek.org/books/Neighbourhood/chapter40.html wrote:This district was limited, roughly speaking, by the great mountain tract of Wicklow on the south, by the Carlingford and Mourne Mountains on the north, and by the Westmeath shore of the Shannon on the West, whence the border ran by Edenderry, Rathangan, and Kildare to the Barrow, following the course of that river to the sea.

;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 am

CJ wrote:
Dave wrote:Kildare is outside the pale!!! :twisted:

Ahem:

http://www.chapters.eiretek.org/books/Neighbourhood/chapter40.html wrote:This district was limited, roughly speaking, by the great mountain tract of Wicklow on the south, by the Carlingford and Mourne Mountains on the north, and by the Westmeath shore of the Shannon on the West, whence the border ran by Edenderry, Rathangan, and Kildare to the Barrow, following the course of that river to the sea.

;)CJ

sorry CJ, i'll be more specific, Newbridge is outside the Pale,Newbridge is to the left of Naas as you look at the map and it's on the Liffey!!! which leaves me just outside!! ... :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic