Seat Leon Cupra

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Seat Leon Cupra

Postby soc » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:29 am

1.8T 20v - 180bhp and easily tuned to 250bhp. I also believe these come with leather and lots of extras as standard - and there is one on cbg for €18K
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:08 am

Its a Seat at the end of the day, again, its all about personal preference.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:26 pm

CJ wrote:Its a Seat at the end of the day

That's what the wife said too :-)

I've now driven 3 Golf GTI's and 1 Seat Leon Cupra and I'm even more convinced that people pay a heavy premium for the VW badge!

The Golfs were all 00 cars, 150bhp, 5 speed (one with leather). The Leon was a 02 car, 180bhp, 6 speed with leather (electric too). Although I wasn't a fan of the Seat's alloys it was a much, much better car. Firmer suspension, nicer interior (I was taken aback at how flimsy the Golf felt inside compared to the Leon) and you really do notice that extra 30bhp. So all in all I think you get much more for your money with the Seat - it's just a pity it doesn't have the FTO's shape, handling and V6 howl.......
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:26 am

shane wrote:I've now driven 3 Golf GTI's and 1 Seat Leon Cupra and I'm even more convinced that people pay a heavy premium for the VW badge!

Big time, been like that a long while. Their reputation for reliability sorted that out for them but I've never been convinced... When Skodas suddenly became VWs for a lot less I couldn't understand why anyone would get a VW instead of a Skoda, never mind Audis, even more expensive VWs (with the exception of the TT of course!).

Was it Adrian's post the other week mentioned that VW have gone way down in the reliability surveys. They're still a fairly fashionable car, common as muck, but for years they've been expensive, poorly specced (v few toys as standard) and since about 2000 (at least) a bit dodgy.

My brother was actually told by a VW Dealer's mechanics to stay away from the petrol 00-02 Golfs, too troublesome!

Have a buddy with a GTi, big VW fan, in the VAG Enthusiast club and all (http://www.vage.ie), got a spin one day, very responsive, liked all 180bhps at my right foot but don't think I'll ever be a VW owner...

Kev.
kevinod

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:29 pm

Shane,
just before you committ to the leon, just letting you know there's an integra DC5 for sale, southside motors, ballymount road. nice looking motor, blue, nice alloys!! might be worth a look.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:45 pm

Dave wrote:Shane,
just before you committ to the leon, just letting you know there's an integra DC5 for sale, southside motors, ballymount road. nice looking motor, blue, nice alloys!! might be worth a look.

cheers dave - must see if I can find that on the web.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:47 pm

shane wrote:
Dave wrote:Shane,

cheers dave - must see if I can find that on the web.

just saw it on cbg.ie - it is nice looking but to be honest it's too rich for my blood. Set my budget at €17K max. Cheers all the same.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:11 pm

jesus i didn't think they'd go for that much!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars