Hi :)

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hi :)

Postby Superwofy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I am now the proud owner of a Passion Red manual '99 GPX MiVEC FTO. It's an incredible machine. Every option, bar for being a GPvR of course.

Pictures really don't do her justice. Also, second car, first FTO and first sports car.
Superwofy
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: Hi :)

Postby Sebastian » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Very clean indeed , welcome to the forum

I would start by removing the stickers :smt006
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:28 am

Welcome. Lovely car....after the stickers are gone :r
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Superwofy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Yeah, don't like the stickers myself.

I do have some issues with rust, tho with a 16 year old car, it doesn't surprise me. Unlike my old Lacetti, it seems as if this car was not undersealed, and there are a couple of places where the paint underneath is gone and surface rust is present.

Can someone point me to a place where I can get it sorted? And also, how much should I expect to pay?
Superwofy
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby gazmcg89 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Surface rust will be common on these now none were undersealed . Check the rear chassis legs if they are sound you have caught it at the right time
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Temeeo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Welcome along! I remember seeing the car number of times on DoneDeal over the last few months. What are the green and red buttons on the steering wheel for if you don't mind me asking?

I think i prefer a car that wasn't undersealed as what you see is what you get, whereas if it was it may all look great until one day you see little bubble or rust spot and as you start removing the underseal to clean it up you'll discover that rust have been quietly "chewing away" and half of the car is badly rusted.
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Superwofy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Temeeo wrote:Welcome along! I remember seeing the car number of times on DoneDeal over the last few months. What are the green and red buttons on the steering wheel for if you don't mind me asking?

I think i prefer a car that wasn't undersealed as what you see is what you get, whereas if it was it may all look great until one day you see little bubble or rust spot and as you start removing the underseal to clean it up you'll discover that rust have been quietly "chewing away" and half of the car is badly rusted.

The buttons seem to be there for no reason. They don't do anything. Apparently the man that owned it before the lad I bought it from had put them in :? . I'll be on the lookout for a new airbag cover, as they go through :( . Got one??

Interesting point on the undersealing. So it would be more appropriate to have the car on a lift, clean the area of rust and simply prime and respray? Bar for some soon to be replaced rear brake pipes (damn, gotta drop the tank), the rust is only on the surface. Still want it gone tho.
Superwofy
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby goz_83 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:46 am

Clean off the surface rust and get it undersealed. If it's done properly, the underseal will do a good 4-5 years. Cleaning and spraying just won't do the same and you'll be repeating it before the nct every year. thats just my opinion though. If you give it a clean yourself, GVD autos do the underseal for about €100.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Introduce yourself