Split topic - colm_mcm

This thread is a spin-off from Gerrys for sale thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13854&p=105282#p105282

Gerry wrote:Mitsubishi FTO
2 Litre Non Mivec

Tiptronic Gearbox.

NCT'ed till December 2012.

Alarm

16" Original Alloys with very good tyres all round.

Electric Windows,

Electric-Folding Mirrors,

Climate-Control Aircon,

Central locking/Alarm Activated,

Good Original car, Drives perfect.

Just passed NCT.

Recently Serviced.

SIR.VTI,GTI,SRI,GSI,VTEC,DOHC VTEC,MIVEC,SR20, vti vtec gttdi V Dub B4 type r dc2 dc1 twincam rwd 20v blacktop redtop gsi sri sport dohc sohc sr20 rb20 1jz crown lsd e30 e34 r38 e36 e28 turbo grill cosworth 24v 3 door v6 v8 twin turbo intercooler gt35r mig drift diff 1.0 1.1 1,2 nsr vfr gsxr yzf r1 r6

Hopefully someone looking for a rear wheel drive one litre redtop diesel V6 twin turbo cosworth powered BMW twincam with three doors will spot it.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FTO for sale

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 pm

:lol:

If it fetches a bigger audience, that's what matters. Keyword optimisation
Last edited by goz_83 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Bernard wrote:Hopefully someone looking for a rear wheel drive one litre redtop diesel V6 twin turbo cosworth powered BMW twincam with three doors will spot it.

lol

Have to be honest i copied and paste these keywords from a different add i seen somewhere.
We'll see what happens:)
Gerry
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm

That really annoys me when people do that
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 pm

colm_mcm wrote:That really annoys me when people do that

Like when you go to donedeal and search FTO & all of a sudden half the adverts are celicas and evos.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Whats happening in syria would really annoy me more tho in fairness.
Relax lads its hardly that upsetting.
Gerry

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Hope my tone wasn't taken wrong. Me, I was just havin a laugh.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

not at all gary lol, Only havin a laugh meself, just trying to make a point that we shudnt let trivial little things like search key words annoy us
Gerry

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Grand when you're selling, a proper pain when you're buying

I wouldn't be upset by an fto, but seeing the same a4 TDI every time you search for something is really annoying

L@@K
Price reduced
First to see will buy
Real headturner
Mint
No nct but wil flu tru
colm_mcm

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Yea true, you do see some dung in adds.
"Will fly thru nct"

id often say to meself, well then put it through the nct and then sell it!!

i seen a good one a while ago from a lad that was selling his car and he must of been bombarded with rubbish text meassges, so he edited his add and said "no txts messages, if ya cant afford to ring me, ya cant afford the car!"
Gerry

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

I saw that one too. It had no tax and no nct so I text to say, if it has no tax and no nct, I can't drive the bloody thing either!

Was very creative of him, but I bet he got lots of messers from that ad.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 pm

I hate that, if I type in FTO I want to see only cars that are FTO not cars that are nowhere near the spec I'm looking for. Sorry but personally it would turn me straight off buying a car from someone if they can't even get the ad right. Optimisation or not, most people know what they want and someone searching for an FTO and getting results for a BMW is just pure annoying and frustrating and makes me report them every time. Search keywords are there for a reason!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

+1 I wouldn't go near a car from a buyer with that stuff in the ad. No offense to OP but it would make me think about a thrashed car, little TLC or pride in the vehicle and worries about true mileage. Could be just me though.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Donedeal search optimisation/abuse

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Dragonheart wrote:I hate that, if I type in FTO I want to see only cars that are FTO not cars that are nowhere near the spec I'm looking for. Sorry but personally it would turn me straight off buying a car from someone if they can't even get the ad right. Optimisation or not, most people know what they want and someone searching for an FTO and getting results for a BMW is just pure annoying and frustrating and makes me report them every time. Search keywords are there for a reason!

Do us a favour, dont call the garda on us just yet. Wait untill i sell it then work away.
Gerry

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Thats a nice example, personally I really like the car to be as much stock as possible, call me boring but a untouched car is a great sight, especially an FTO. Unfortunately it will be a month or 2 before I am looking to buy, need to do a few things first and would really be looking for a GPX but fair play to Gerry for fixing up this and putting it trough the NCT.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 pm

You know how I ended up with my first FTO? I typed in "swap for van". A few vehicles popped up and the fto stood out by a mile :)

I build websites and relevant keywords are important. Irrelevant keywords lower the ranking of a website, but that doesn't count on donedeal for internal site searches. While it can be annoying to see other cars pop up when looking for something specific, there are plenty of people who don't really know what they want and keywords like v6, turbo, coupe etc etc are ok. As long as bmw isn't added for an fto (unless a swap is wanted), then I can live with the ad and I might not lose any sleep over it......or I could be awake for days, holding the bible, praying to Tom Cruise, wishing for aliens to come take us all to the uncomplicated land of whatever. Jaysus, i'm all stressed out from a Looooooong day at the office!! Don't you just hate when your 6pm client doesnt show, only to find that she has sent you an email at 5:44pm to say that she just found out her car broke down and doesn't have a mobile to be contacted on...What rubbish. Her card was charged for such a BS lie. How about..."sorry i couldn't make it". hehe...off topic there.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm

goz_83 wrote:You know how I ended up with my first FTO? I typed in "swap for van". A few vehicles popped up and the fto stood out by a mile :)

I build websites and relevant keywords are important. Irrelevant keywords lower the ranking of a website, but that doesn't count on donedeal for internal site searches. While it can be annoying to see other cars pop up when looking for something specific, there are plenty of people who don't really know what they want and keywords like v6, turbo, coupe etc etc are ok. As long as bmw isn't added for an fto (unless a swap is wanted), then I can live with the ad and I might not lose any sleep over it......or I could be awake for days, holding the bible, praying to Tom Cruise, wishing for aliens to come take us all to the uncomplicated land of whatever. Jaysus, i'm all stressed out from a Looooooong day at the office!! Don't you just hate when your 6pm client doesnt show, only to find that she has sent you an email at 5:44pm to say that she just found out her car broke down and doesn't have a mobile to be contacted on...What rubbish. Her card was charged for such a BS lie. How about..."sorry i couldn't make it". hehe...off topic there.

Might need to get those fingers working again colm, i feel a thread split coming on.
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm

In the end, I couldn't be so brutal. So, I offered to drop the "no-show" fee from her next appointment. I could have charged the full fee in the first place, but I decided I would go against my own terms and conditions to charge her less than half of the full appointment fee. When someone sends you an email, 16 minutes before their appointment to say that their car is broke down and they only just found out AND they have no phone to be contacted on (but somehow have access to a computer), the excuse becomes somewhat unbelievable. In hindsight, I am sometimes too soft on people. Maybe my keywords should be "excuses attract double the fee".
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 pm

goz_83 wrote:In the end, I couldn't be so brutal. So, I offered to drop the "no-show" fee from her next appointment. I could have charged the full fee in the first place, but I decided I would go against my own terms and conditions to charge her less than half of the full appointment fee. When someone sends you an email, 16 minutes before their appointment to say that their car is broke down and they only just found out AND they have no phone to be contacted on (but somehow have access to a computer), the excuse becomes somewhat unbelievable. In hindsight, I am sometimes too soft on people. Maybe my keywords should be "excuses attract double the fee".

Nah was talking bout praying to tom cruise.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Only when i am lacking in sleep :)

Was the only scientologist I could think of
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I thought you were a physiotherapist not a hypnotherapist, don't know why I thought that.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Neither do I. I suppose I have only previously referred to myself as a therapist on this forum, until very recently when I made a crack about bankers. Its a tough job, this business. Never get a minute to myself ;)
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Yea I'd say so seeing as your never on here :D
Not easy for anyone self employed at the minute but keep it up.
Alot of people attempting to quit smoking at the minute, you getting much business through that?
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm busy here pretty much everyday. In saying that, I don't squash clients in together on what I call a conveyer belt practice, so i get plenty of referrals from getting good results. Its all about giving the client time they need. I see 4 clients, 5 days a week. I'm busier now than I have ever been and I am even referring full days of work to two other clinics. Lots of smokers in of course, but with the average smoker spending over 3 grand a year on smokes, it's no wonder people are trying to stop. Most sessions last an hour, but I give a 2 hour time slot just incase it's needed. That's why I do have time to come on here. Also, the start of a session is standard most of the time, so I am often hypnotising someone when typing for this forum :)

Only kidding. I only do that on the clients I don't like :lol:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Gerry » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Could you hypnotise me to stop me using keywords in my for sale adds? :D
Gerry

Next

Return to Off Topic