wooowhoooo : parts from japan have arived

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

wooowhoooo : parts from japan have arived

Postby tin tin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:12 pm

got a phone call from mitsubishi poole saying the revers gear and cyncor has arived it will be at the romsey branch tomorrow arfter noon and it was less that what i thought £199.03 with vat
tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby tin tin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 pm

this mite not mean much to some people but to me it means more acceloration :mrgreen:

tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: wooowhoooo : parts from japan have arived

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 pm

tin tin wrote:got a phone call from mitsubishi poole saying the revers gear and cyncor has arived it will be at the romsey branch tomorrow arfter noon and it was less that what i thought £199.03 with vat

Never heard of a "revers gear" or "Cyncor"???

You sure its not just a final gear ratio change?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby tin tin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 pm

gear,m/t output shaf : thats whats on the invoice i was told ny the bloke that i brought the gear box off that reverse was nakerd so i got the replace ment and the syncro ring
tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 pm

tin tin wrote:this mite not mean much to some people but to me it means more acceloration :mrgreen:

tin tin wrote:gear,m/t output shaf : thats whats on the invoice i was told ny the bloke that i brought the gear box off that reverse was nakerd so i got the replace ment and the syncro ring

So replacing the reverse gear gives you better acceleration? :?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:So replacing the reverse gear gives you better acceleration? :?

I think that's only true for Peugeot and citroen :wink:
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tin tin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
tin tin wrote:this mite not mean much to some people but to me it means more acceloration :mrgreen:

tin tin wrote:gear,m/t output shaf : thats whats on the invoice i was told ny the bloke that i brought the gear box off that reverse was nakerd so i got the replace ment and the syncro ring

So replacing the reverse gear gives you better acceleration? :?

it means ive now got a fully working cyborg box to go in place of the gpx box :)
tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby tin tin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Bernard wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:So replacing the reverse gear gives you better acceleration? :?

I think that's only true for Peugeot and citroen :wink:

:lol: very good :lol:
tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:33 pm

Seeing as you'll be pulling apart the cyborg box, it would be a good time to check the condition of the LSD, (I assume there is one fitted to this box) as the stock unit seems to be made of tin foil.

@myfeckinfto, by changing the cog to a lighter unit (weight saving), and changing the gear ratio on reverse, It is quite possible that the acceleration, in reverse, would be improved. Fairly basic stuff really 8)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby tin tin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Mustang wrote:Seeing as you'll be pulling apart the cyborg box, it would be a good time to check the condition of the LSD, (I assume there is one fitted to this box) as the stock unit seems to be made of tin foil.

@myfeckinfto, by changing the cog to a lighter unit (weight saving), and changing the gear ratio on reverse, It is quite possible that the acceleration, in reverse, would be improved. Fairly basic stuff really 8)

i brought an rs dif seperatly the borg box i got didnt have 1 but ive got the rs dif to go in :) its in good condition :)
tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 pm

Mustang wrote:.......

Hmm!.... - It'll come in quite handy for those reverse 1/4 mile sprints then!.................... Oh Wait?...... :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby tin tin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
Mustang wrote:.......

Hmm!.... - It'll come in quite handy for those reverse 1/4 mile sprints then!.................... Oh Wait?...... :lol:

:lol:
tin tin
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Other Cars