MYSTERY ILLNESS

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

MYSTERY ILLNESS

Postby GARY » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:47 pm

I'VE JUST BOUGHT A 95 GR , WHICH THE SPEEDO WAS NOT WORKING ON, I THOUGHT IT MAY BE THE GAUGE ITSELF BUT DISCOVERED SOMEONE HAD DISCONNECTED THE PLUG FROM THE SENSOR ON THE GEARBOX, I PLUGGED IT BACK IN AND THE SPEEDO WORKED FINE BUT THE TIP BOX PLAYS UP ( IN AUTO THE NEUTRAL LIGHT KEEPS FLASHING AND IN TIP IT GOES UP TO 3RD THEN STICKS THERE ). WITH THE PLUG DISCONNECTED EVERYTHING WORKS FINE - ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS
GARY
1st gear
1st gear

Re: MYSTERY ILLNESS

Postby soc » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:05 am

GARY wrote:I'VE JUST BOUGHT A 95 GR , WHICH THE SPEEDO WAS NOT WORKING ON, I THOUGHT IT MAY BE THE GAUGE ITSELF BUT DISCOVERED SOMEONE HAD DISCONNECTED THE PLUG FROM THE SENSOR ON THE GEARBOX, I PLUGGED IT BACK IN AND THE SPEEDO WORKED FINE BUT THE TIP BOX PLAYS UP ( IN AUTO THE NEUTRAL LIGHT KEEPS FLASHING AND IN TIP IT GOES UP TO 3RD THEN STICKS THERE ). WITH THE PLUG DISCONNECTED EVERYTHING WORKS FINE - ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS

Sounds like the speed sensor is fecked. You should be able to pick one of these up handy from the UK - try japco, usave auto and camskill (addresses and phone numbers are on the services page http://www.fto-ireland.com/parts.html ).

Don't mess around when it comes to the tipbox though - get it sorted asap just in case it's masking another problem with the box.

Btw, sounds to me like you're seller is a bit dodgy and they disconnected the speed sensor on purpose..... I hope you got an adequate discount when buying :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:00 pm

I have the 2 speed sensors for the tip box somewhere. I thought I needed two of them before and so I bought 2 off Jiles in Japco. Turned out if wasn't that at all so I still have em, I think. I'm based in Dublin so I'll have a look when I get back there tomorrow night. I'll give you em no worries if I have em

A
Last edited by adrian on Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby adrian » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:00 pm

I have the 2 speed sensors for the tip box somewhere. I thought I needed two of them before and so I bought 2 off Jiles in Japco. Turned out if wasn't that at all so I still have em, I think. I'm based in Dublin so I'll have a look when I get back there tomorrow night. I'll give you em no worries if I have em

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby GARY » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:08 am

ADRIAN,
THAT WOULD BE GREAT, I'M IN DUBLIN QUITE OFTEN SO LET ME KNOW
IF IT SORTS THE PROBLEM I WILL PAY YOU FOR THEM OF COURSE.
GARY
1st gear
1st gear

Postby kevinod » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:54 am

Dunno how long you have the car, but in case its something more serious I'd be inclined to go back to whoever you bought it from to get the tip box sorted, unless of course you bought it knowing the tip box was giving problems?

Kev.
kevinod

Return to FTO Technical