Ehlo from Co Kildare

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Ehlo from Co Kildare

Postby Jokke » Sun May 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm not FTO owner, yet. I've been wondering if I want to take FTO or MB CLK for a project.

Stumbled upon your forum and thought that maybe some insight will help. I'm not a kid anymore so kind of tiptronic version with the 6A12 without Mivec would be the comfy option for me. I just love that engine, but don't have interest to play around with the Mivec. Any hints what to look for when hunting the right lady for me would be appreciated.
Jokke
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Ehlo from Co Kildare

Postby goz_83 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Where are you based?

Listen out for tappet noise. Check underneath for rust...especially uk cars. Aside from that, it's just your usual checks.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Welcome to the Forum, I was in the same boat for a while and joined up before I got the car, you pick up some great tips and everyone here is very helpful and friendly.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Kace » Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Jokke wrote:Hi all,

I'm not FTO owner, yet. I've been wondering if I want to take FTO or MB CLK for a project.

Stumbled upon your forum and thought that maybe some insight will help. I'm not a kid anymore so kind of tiptronic version with the 6A12 without Mivec would be the comfy option for me. I just love that engine, but don't have interest to play around with the Mivec. Any hints what to look for when hunting the right lady for me would be appreciated.

By the way - there's nothing uncomfortable about the Mivec. Please make sure that you drive both cars before you buy - give Mivec a chance ;-)
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DanD1988 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey dude welcome along :D
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Return to Introduce yourself