Exhaust Question

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Exhaust Question

Postby RatherBeDean » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Hey guys,
Recently asked my mechanic to pull the aftermarket exhaust off my tip GR and put it on my manual GX to replace to OEM exhaust.

He said it wouldn't be a fit as there was a difference between the two set ups. He said the exhaust goes too far into the manifold on the tip, and also the connection at the downpipe is shaped differently.

I'm thinking surely that whatever changes were made to the tip GR to fit the aftermarket exhaust in the first place could be carried over to the GX, or are there baseline differences between the two from factory?
RatherBeDean
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Exhaust Question

Postby goz_83 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Haha. So long as there is an exhaust left on the car, it's all good. I don't know anything about the set up though. If he looked at them, there must be a difference. The oem system is decent. Is it just the note and style you want changed? A different tip welded on should sort that out and would probably cost the same as swapping out 2 exhausts, which is a pin in my experience.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 am

Downpipes are the same fitment so it can't not fit the manifold unless the tip gr has a aftermarket manifold to, I guess.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby brccrx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Unless you have this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MITSUBISHI-FTO-2 ... 5af9da816c

There should be no difference between GR or Mivec, not 100% sure tho!
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Return to FTO Technical