Is there an IFS on 1995 GS

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Is there an IFS on 1995 GS

Postby nevetsnadroj » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:45 am

Hello everyone ,

I have a 1995 GS 1.8 the rev counter has recently started only registering half the revs so for example cruising on motorway at 70 shows about 1500 revs and tick over shows about 100. The car runs ok apart from the tip box changing down because the revs are so low occasionaly.

From reading the forums it sounds like it maybe the IFS , when I look in the engine bay I cannot find it from the descriptions given so I am maybe thinking it is either in a diff place or there is not one on the earlier model .
I cannot seem to find a technical manual anywhere except for a 98 2.0 litre version .

Could anyone confirm whether the GS has an IFS and if it doesn't where does the rev counter get its info from if not from the IFS , ..... I have checked the usual things like the actual dials are working , loose electrical connections etc and the counter is still doing the same .

Thanks all
nevetsnadroj

Re: Is there an IFS on 1995 GS

Postby brccrx » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 am

Are U sure that isnt Your cluster not giving up?
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Re: Is there an IFS on 1995 GS

Postby goz_83 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:26 am

Where are you based? Could try a different cluster. Call camskill and ask for an IFS for a GS. You will know quickly if they exist, or not for your car
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical