Just paid tax with no NCT

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Just paid tax with no NCT

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:42 pm

HI All

I just paid 12 months road tax online and I dont have an NCT, Ive been stopped 20 odd times recently and they never bother with the NCT, So if anyone needs to renew tax and has no NCT renew online and you should have no bother.

R
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Kace » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:06 pm

Anyone know whether you are still covered by your insurance when you have not NCT ? I am due in myself but have had to cancel my appointment and am now out of NCT.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 am

Kace wrote:Anyone know whether you are still covered by your insurance when you have not NCT ? I am due in myself but have had to cancel my appointment and am now out of NCT.

You should still be covered once another date has been set and you have the confirmation letter, but check with your insurance company to be sure.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Re: Just paid tax with no NCT

Postby JD » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:29 am

Speedyboy wrote:HI All

I just paid 12 months road tax online and I dont have an NCT, Ive been stopped 20 odd times recently and they never bother with the NCT, So if anyone needs to renew tax and has no NCT renew online and you should have no bother.

R

As a matter of interest what's the address to pay your tax online?, or is it only some county councils that have that facility - I can't find it on Meath Co.Co website.

I've just got my NCT but I like paying my bills online.

JD
JD

Re: Just paid tax with no NCT

Postby soc » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:12 am

Speedyboy wrote:HI All

R

looks like you can't pay your car tax online anymore - there is no link on the dublin city council website (dublincity.ie).

plenty of downloadable forms though :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby jonny » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:56 pm

i always tax my car online, when you get the letter of renewal the websites there and they give you a special code, all you need is that code and your credit card. when i insured the car they didn't ask me for a nct or anything. i was talking to someone about it and i think there's a loop hole at the moment and everythings been relaxed, but i don't know what would happen if you had to claim off the insurance. luckily mine's just passed the nct, bit sketchy with the emmissions, but passed no probs :D

black 96 gpx sunroof n tcl
jonny
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:06 pm

Insurance company could refuse to pay out on a claim if your car didn't havea valid NCT, but i've been renewing mine online for the last two or three times.
www.motortax.ie

But you need a code, but that's usually sent with your renewal.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Speedyboy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:14 pm

Insurance company could refuse to pay out on a claim if your car didn't havea valid NCT

I think thats only if they can prove the car was unroad worthy and the unroad worthyness was a factor in the claim.
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 pm

well if the car was a write off i think that could be pretty difficult to prove. :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to NCT \ MOT