Rolling Road meet next January

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby Ed » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:35 pm

Baring in mind that my car is not an FTO, but a Lancer GSR, I'll be availible any time to throw my car up on the rollers as long as there is a 4WD RR.

I would recommend anyone who is coming to have a look at the proceedings to throw their car up on the rollers. it is great to get a plotted graph of your HP and Tourqe. I still have mine from the last time I was there with my Manual GPX. I'm looking forward to comparing the two. Also you can actually find out the benefits of a backbox and air filter. For the guys there last time remember the VSAM unit? it actually took BHP away from the car :) hehe. on the other hand I had a huge Bean can on the back of my FTO and it really made a difference:)

So come on guys, lets get all the cars up on the rollers.
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:31 pm

Ed wrote:For the guys there last time remember the VSAM unit? it actually took BHP away from the car :) hehe .

That unit was actually sent back to Racelogic for reconfiguration, its a pity that my car (Robs old car BTW) will be off the road so I can't test it out :( I may take it along and stick into someone elses car though.

Ed wrote:So come on guys, lets get all the cars up on the rollers.

Here Here!!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:35 pm

i was talking to karl from kerry and he'll be down for the rollers....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:53 pm

I'll be there but'll not throw the car on the rollers. I'll wait till I get a 99 manual GPX with induction kit and uprated exhaust for that :twisted:
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:55 pm

Cool, new avatars, I was wondering how long it would take people to get into the swing!

CIaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:16 pm

i reckon you should throw it on the rollers adrian, at least then i wouldn't be the only GS to be laughed off! :oops:
and i didn't realise it was that easy to put the avatars on... they do look good alright!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ed » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:29 pm

:D You might as well if you are going to be there anyway coz when you get your GPX you can compare between the two. Are the results being posted on the site? :idea: Maybe we can get some scans of charts up here. :idea:

It should be a good day anyway :)

Ed
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:36 pm

Ed wrote::D You might as well if you are going to be there anyway coz when you get your GPX you can compare between the two. Are the results being posted on the site? :idea: Maybe we can get some scans of charts up here. :idea:

Seconded, @ the last session, I was the only one with a GS (which made no difference to me to be honest!), Adrian, are you not curious what she's putting out?

Maybe I could collect the graphs, scan 'em in and then post them back out?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:26 pm

Myself and Nigel took a spin down to Westward this morning to try and see if the 4WD would give accurate BHP readings @ the flywheel on a Tip. Unfortunately it wasn't possible. All this means is the you'll get an 'at the wheels' figure which is the real world measurement with transmission and drive train loss factored in. The flywheel figure is a measurement of engine BHP without any loss from the above. You could work this out by adding an extra 15-18% to the 'at the wheels figure' which compensates for the power losses.

On the day, we'll need to be @ Westward between 10 and 10.30am. If you're coming from Dublin, go straight thru Enfield village, about a 100 yards outside the village before the roundabout, theres a right turn, take this and then a few yards down the road, take a right turn whereby you'll see Westward Precision Engineering straight ahead. If you're coming from the west, go thru the roundabout before the town and take the next left turn you see.

For those its convienient to, I'm suggesting that we meet up in the car park of the Foxhunter pub in Lucan (which is on the way) @ 9.30am for a bit of tyre kicking and banter. It also allows us to get a bit of a convoy together on the way down.

As regards the rest of the day, we can go for a spin and a bit of food somewhere, it depends on peoples schedules really. If you want my mobile no for any reason, PM or mail me offlist and I will oblige.

For those of you that were in on the ATF deal and want to pick it up @ the meet, post here. I tried getting some containers but it didn't happen so you'll need to bring your own. You'll also need to bring along the €70 for Daz ;)

Lets get it on :)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:30 pm

so how much is this going to cost?? and what date is it again?? i could meet ye on the way down, for another addition to the convoy!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:38 pm

Dave wrote:so how much is this going to cost?? and what date is it again?? i could meet ye on the way down, for another addition to the convoy!

Its €60 a car. Dave where are you by the way? If you're on the way down, we can organise to to go thru somehwre at a certain time, you can be waiting in the shadows and join to fun!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:37 pm

ah that's not too bad i suppose, i'm in newbridge (kildare) so i'm sure it's more or less on the way. so have you got definite numbers for the rollers?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:00 pm

To be honest I'm not too worried about what I'm getting out of er. I still love my GS but when you're looking to sell a car it's not the same kinda love! Sure we'll see.

Does anyone wanna buy my section of the ATF oil?? don't need it now I'm getting a manual but will not let the group down if no one wants it...I'll still take it and get rid of it some other way.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:07 am

when is this going ahead? 7th of Feb is it? i have to get onto Karl from kerry to let him know...
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:30 am

Dave wrote:when is this going ahead? 7th of Feb is it? i have to get onto Karl from kerry to let him know...

bugger I only get back on 8th Feb!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:55 am

Are we sorted for next Sat then chaps ?

I have been holding off on my NCT so that my de-cat and air filter are in for the day.

Foxhunter for 9.30 then ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keville » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:40 pm

I think i'll head up to the foxhunter for the laugh and join the convoy :P :P
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby adrian » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:30 pm

Right, so it's definitely on then??
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:34 pm

what route are ye going so i can meet up with ye on the way down?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:49 pm

If I can co-ordinate the deal of selling my FTO (maybe through the trade through a mate of the seller of my 'new' car) and the owner can get the lend of another car through work, which looks likely (he's orderded a new car due in April), I'll be driving down in a 00 Silver Honda S2000 with 248BHP!! Fingers crossed.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:22 pm

adrian wrote:If I can co-ordinate the deal of selling my FTO (maybe through the trade through a mate of the seller of my 'new' car) and the owner can get the lend of another car through work, which looks likely (he's orderded a new car due in April), I'll be driving down in a 00 Silver Honda S2000 with 248BHP!! Fingers crossed.

Nice one Adrian, hope you don't put the FTOs to shame!

Just to reiterate, 9.30am @ the Foxhunter with a view to getting down to Westward no later than 10.30am. If you have a digital camera, bring it along and we'll collate pics later. Mines acting up at the moment but I'll try and get a lend of one in the mean time.

What do you guys think about making a night of it by heading into town for a few later in the evening? I can put up one or two people is they're travelling down for the day.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:28 pm

so i'll be the only GS :oops:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:30 pm

Dave wrote:so i'll be the only GS :oops:

Dave, at least you'll be unique, those GRs and GPXs are common as muck these days ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:59 pm

Well, I might have the GS as sale of the S2000 is not until the week after but I may be able to sort it this week.

The seller has perhps a contact in the trade that'll take my GS, they are soooo hard to sell. 6 days in the Herald and the Irish INdependent.....ONE CALL!!! Whats the story?
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:53 pm

unique?? ah i suppsoe there's not too many GS's going around on 18's with a full kit and leather interior.... just as long as i keep the bonnet down no one will know!! :?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

PreviousNext

Return to Irish FTO meets