howdy

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

howdy

Postby SW20 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:48 pm

howdy folks and nice meetin ya's.
bought a 94 mr2 last may and to be quite honest , was lookin at fto's at the time aswell. mr2 came along quicker, red, etc
anyway. now im thinkin of changing to either a fto or gsr lancer, not sure at the minute.
quick question to all fto lovers. would youi swop it for a mr2 ?
auto, red 2ltr twin cam?
that is le question.
nice meetin ya folks. had a good look around ur site before I POSTED this and ye seem like a nice bunch.
later
johnny
SW20

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Hey Johnny,

Welcome to the site.
The FTO/MR2/GSR decision combo seems to come up quite a lot.
I looked at these 3 cars myself the last time I went to change - all have their strong points but for a balance of looks, performance and handling the FTO is very hard to beat.

Is there a particular FTO model you are interested in getting ?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby SW20 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:12 pm

the only one that stuck out im my head was the gpx. high spec from what i think. although the tiptronic sounded a bit different and interesting. not sure if gpx comes with this?
SW20

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:20 pm

SW20 wrote:the only one that stuck out im my head was the gpx. high spec from what i think. although the tiptronic sounded a bit different and interesting. not sure if gpx comes with this?

http://www.fto-ireland.com/buyingguide.html

Check out the buying guide - The GPX comes with the Mivec engine - both manual and tiptronic options. If you've had the MR2 Auto and liked the transmission type then a Tip GPX may be right up your street - my personal preference would be for a Manual GPX or GPvR - but they are rarer. Take a look around at a few models on sale and drive a couple of different types. Condition is probably more important than model type at this stage of an FTO's life - they did finish manufacturing them back in 99.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby SW20 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:32 pm

cheers mate, i will do. not in any hurry anyway. good things will come to those who wait.
thats my belief.
SW20

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:16 am

Welcome to the site SW20, I'm biased but I reckon the FTO looks a lot more current that the Mk-II MR-2, thats open to discussion of course! (just not on this forum ;)) The GPX has more power available than the n/a MR-2 (198 vs. 175bhp IIRC), that said, the MR2 can the put power down proper and handles very well, the turbo model is a b!tch in the wet or so I'm told. On that note, have you had an RWD near-misses in the MR-2 out of interest?

Give us an idea of your budget and we'll tell you of what you can expect to get for your money.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SW20 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 pm

yes, it is strange in the wet alright.can kick out, just hard to judge it , cause its auto and kicks out sometimes when your least expecting. good aswell though, if you like gettin little frights first thing in the mornin when ur still half asleep.
SW20

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 pm

SW20 wrote:yes, it is strange in the wet alright.can kick out, just hard to judge it , cause its auto and kicks out sometimes when your least expecting. good aswell though, if you like gettin little frights first thing in the mornin when ur still half asleep.

You sound like my kind of driver :-D :-D Class..

The MR2 is a great car - it was very high on my list of possible maybes when I was buying last - however I fell for the FTO.
I think the best thing you can do is to go and have a look at a couple of FTOs at dealers - take them for a spin and judge for yourself.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Return to Introduce yourself