"Dublin Meets Motorshow", Dundalk 30th March

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

"Dublin Meets Motorshow", Dundalk 30th March

Postby DubC » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Alright,

Planning on heading up to Dundalk tomorrow, not too sure what to expect from this event but it's 12-5pm at the Fairways hotel. Any other FTOs around Dublin fancy going?
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: "Dublin Meets Motorshow", Dundalk 30th March

Postby Temeeo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:28 am

I wasn't sure whether to go or not, but I think it beats sitting at home. Are you going from the Airside?
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby DubC » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Temeeo wrote:I wasn't sure whether to go or not, but I think it beats sitting at home. Are you going from the Airside?

It was a pleasure meeting you today Jan. 'Twas an enjoyable day, lots of different cars there and overall it was better than I had expected. Also went out in my pals 180sx which was good fun. Details for the 11th of April are Airside, Swords at 10PM. It would be safe to arrive at the location from 9 I'm sure.

I'll post a thread inviting everyone in a day or two.
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Temeeo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:24 pm

It was a pleasure meeting you today Jan.

Likewise Carl. Will definitely show up for the JDM meet in the Airside.
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:46 am

I seen on imoc that modified live is in Mondello on the 27th of April, there looking for cars to go on a stand. A few ftos would look nice or even an Fto ireland stand.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby DubC » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:28 am

mivecrx wrote:I seen on imoc that modified live is in Mondello on the 27th of April, there looking for cars to go on a stand. A few ftos would look nice or even an Fto ireland stand.

An FTO Ireland stand would be great. But would we have enough people interested to actually make it happen? We could gauge interest over the week and see if anyone's interested in it. Depending on work I'd love to be involved.
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby goz_83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:08 pm

It's a Sunday in April, so I could do it. I would have my car back by then I am sure. Left her into GVD Autos yesterday to get the scuffs and scrapes removed.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:24 pm

I would definitely be up for it. When and where do you register, is there a closing date?
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Temeeo wrote:I would definitely be up for it. When and where do you register, is there a closing date?

Details on mondellos website,, I was looking on there and seen it has to be a 10 car minimum which will be hard done.
mivecrx

Postby DubC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 am

mivecrx wrote:
Temeeo wrote:I would definitely be up for it. When and where do you register, is there a closing date?

Details on mondellos website,, I was looking on there and seen it has to be a 10 car minimum which will be hard done.

Hmm. The administrators should have the ability to e-mail all of the members, perhaps it could be done as a call to arms? I'm sure there are guys here still driving FTOs but just don't have the time to come online, or have forgotten about it. The wonderful thing about smartphones is people usually have email notifications pushed to their devices.

It's definitely worth a shot, the only problem is the 10 cars need to be paid for in advance, €20 each but that permits two (I think?) free 'staff'. Just going off what I read yesterday, I'm a bit too lazy to go reading it again.
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Return to General FTO Discussion