00 Manual GX

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

00 Manual GX

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Just picked up a manual GX. Over the moon I am. Got at a very reasonable price. I had to throw in a free hypnosis session, but I got it, went halves with my brother in law. It needs some work to bring her back to her glory days, so it's a little project. Unless the B-I-L decides he has to keep it, I am hoping to sell it onto a club member. She runs beautifully and pulls like 180 horses on steroids. Mainly body work needs attention and brakes will need sorting out too as well as a SERIOUS CLEAN.

Alloys will need a complete refurb, they are really nasty. Below, the drivers tail light is busted in two places, so I have one sourced to replace. I have most of the other bits needed in the shed. Drivers side window only goes down half way. That's a door card off jobbie I will try to sort.

That's Mikeys fto in front of it. Lookin good.
Last edited by goz_83 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: 00 Manual GX

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 pm

I love this . goz u are the new gerry :))
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Kace » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:05 pm

You're some man.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Nobody could take Gerrys place. He's a legend for anything needed fto. Pics added in first post. I didn't take interior pics. She really needs a good clean. Thankfully I used to be a pro car valeter, so I can save a few quid on that :smt003
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Some man to save them from being butchered lol.
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby Sebastian » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:37 pm

goz_83 wrote:Nobody could take Gerrys place. He's a legend for anything needed fto. Pics added in first post. I didn't take interior pics. She really needs a good clean. Thankfully I used to be a pro car valeter, so I can save a few quid on that :smt003

let's not forget steelroe
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks to Seb for selling me the parts I needed. So the broken driver rear light was fixed. Fixed third brake light. The bulb holder had been damaged, but I had a spare unit thankfully. I sorted out the driver window too and she is working perfectly now [manly grin]. I should have taken a few pics of the job getting done. Was a bot tricky. One of the washer jets was blocked, so I soaked in some hot water and solution to clear it and it worked.

Next job is to sort the arch liner and refurb the wheels. Get the nct booked (if it doesn't take too long) and then get some spray painting done, because there are a couple of areas with big scuff marks and missing paint on the passenger door and passenger side of the front bumper. Will also be doing an oil change, because I will be servicing 3 other cars anyway.

Not a big working space, is it?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Refurbed the wheels today. It took the whole day! Kept them silver (ford starion I think). Sanded, cleaned and 2 coats of paint and clear coat. Looks great. Replaced the drivers side wheel arch liner. Still no luck getting an nct date :cry:

before

during

after LOVELY
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Wheels looks just savage i must admit! What pain type/brand did U use?
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Picked it up in halfrauds. I think it is ford starion. They have a lovely shine.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:28 pm

So what was the issue with the window and how did you fix it?

Have you tried booking the NCT online? I rebooked mine loads of times and could always get spaces within a few weeks. Dublin based.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Kace wrote:So what was the issue with the window and how did you fix it?

Have you tried booking the NCT online? I rebooked mine loads of times and could always get spaces within a few weeks. Dublin based.

I changed out the whole thing Kace. Tried booking online. Actually tried again only a few minutes ago. No tests available. Only Ballina, Letterkenny & Monaghan have a single day available each this month. Most centres have nothing til September :shock: including all Dublin centres, or anywhere near. It's a total joke. If I can't get something soon, the fto will have to be sold without an NCT, which I would prefer not to do.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Took a few snaps & video today, preparing for sale. This is another one I will be sorry to see go, but I hope it's a club member that will be the new lucky owner. I will update this thread tomorrow after she goes through the nct.

Fogs need to be brought an inch forward. Hadn't the time to reset them. There is scuffing on the passenger door that can't be seen in the photo. Headlights shining and polished. No more dull yellow.

158k on clock

The Video. Click on image to view video. V
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:19 am

Looks good!!!
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:51 am

Went through nct this morning. Failed, but it looked like lots was wrong (damn itemisation :mrgreen: )

The offside steering linkage needs to be sorted, so will replace this and there is a hole in the exhaust mid section, which I will get replaced. srs airbag light came on when the steering wheel was taken off and put back on, so need to get that turned off. Will get that sorted in the next couple of dsays and there will be a happy little fto at the end of it.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 am

If U wont get it sorted till im in Dublin next time i can bring OP 2.0 and my laptop so we can turn the airbag light off if thats any good?
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:49 pm

brccrx wrote:If U wont get it sorted till im in Dublin next time i can bring OP 2.0 and my laptop so we can turn the airbag light off if thats any good?

Cheers Seb. Might take you up on that. I'm glad so little work is left to be done.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion