[b]Type of brake pads[/b]

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

[b]Type of brake pads[/b]

Postby zacob » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:24 pm

I need to put brake pads into a GR model and am wondering is there any special type needed are is it ok to normal pads in. Is there a brake pad that gives a better response.
zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:02 am

I don't know is there such a thing as 'normal' pads, there's nearly a different pad for most models, never mind manufacturers. Different sizes, shapes, etc. Some have wear sensors, others don't, etc etc etc

Had to bring in pads off my Xsara to get the right ones when I was changing them a few months back, they gave me wrong types first 2 times. Even that one model has a few different pads that can be used but of course you have to use one particular type of pad for the particular car.

Check out funky-fto or camskills or one of those sites, haven't looked but they'll know hat the right pads are.

Kev.
kevinod

Re: [b]Type of brake pads[/b]

Postby Daz » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:16 am

zacob wrote:I need to put brake pads into a GR model and am wondering is there any special type needed are is it ok to normal pads in. Is there a brake pad that gives a better response.

If you still have standard front discs, stay with standard pads, otherwise the uprated ones like the mintex,EBC ect will just warping your discs, due to the way thouse pads are made they generate more heat and dust upon brakeing and since the standard discs don't have any vent slots/holes all the heat goes into the disc, so be warned!!

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to FTO Technical