Torrent sites

A forum for IT related questions

Moderator: Moderators

Torrent sites

Postby CJ » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:39 pm

Question for the leechers - what torrent sites do you use? I jump between torrentspy and torrentreactor but they can be hit and miss at times, any other recommendations? I should mention that I only ever use torrent trackers for freeware and opensource s/w....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:44 pm

thepiratebay
Isohunt
MiniNova

I think Isohunt is my fav - simply because they have the shortes route to the DL link.

Utorrent comes with a search box which will let you search from the application on I think it's 6 sites - if you're a bit handy you can add more yourself. At this time I'm using the aezrus (spelling) client because of it's encryption features.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Re: Torrent sites

Postby Kace » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:32 pm

CJ wrote:Question for the leechers - what torrent sites do you use? I jump between torrentspy and torrentreactor but they can be hit and miss at times, any other recommendations? I should mention that I only ever use torrent trackers for freeware and opensource s/w....

CJ

Excuse my ignorance chaps but what is a torrent site ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby RussMan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Its basically an independent directory for internet users to download data from the internet using "torrent" technology. i.e data would be music, movies, games, ebooks.. software you name it.
The technology has caught on with both peer to peer fans and corporations .. plenty of info i'm sure on www.wikipedia.com without going into any technical details... I "know" somebody who uses it regularly to get his episodes of Season 3 of lost .... ;)
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Torrent site

Postby baldtyres » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:34 am

RussMan wrote: I "know" somebody who uses it regularly to get his episodes of Season 3 of lost .... ;)

Must admit I have never heard of a Torrent Site... there's possibly a few other things I've never heard of either. :wink:
But for anyone trying to jump ahead of Irish / British Television the following link is fairly cool, quality not perfect but watchable!

http://tvlinks.50webs.com/

8)
Midlifecrisisinagpx
baldtyres
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby pergau » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 pm

Torrentreactor
The Pirate Bay

And for UK TV and Radio, UKnova

Or get a portable hard disk and copy it from someone else in work!
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby CByrne » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Isohunt - files tend to be what they are actually named, and advertising at a minimum compared to others.
Also use Limewire (ok P2P not torrent) but has handy Bitzi lookup to ensure you quality.

O/T, but got hooked at the weekend on PPstream/PPMate/TVAnts live streaming applications, most of it in Chinese but once you get the hang of it, great for Footie games, movies etc. This is legal as well supposedly?
CByrne
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Computers and IT