Hit & Run

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Hit & Run

Postby Sebastian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 pm

As a Christmas pressy i got my bumper damaged by a polish guy who crashed into me last night while car was parked . Of course he then drove off. :x
Friend of mine saw the whole thing and recognised the car as being one of his neighbour's friends.

damage is not big , bumper is out of it's place and there are a few scratches and scuffs but what ennoyed me is that the guy drove off even thought the alarm was screaming. His reply was that he didn't see my car :roll: (after he returned 30mins later)...

took his insurrance details and all but i'm not sure i should report it as i'll probably ripp yer mans future renewals .
gave these guys a shout http://www.autosmartsystems.ie but they are off till the new year .

anyone know someone who can sort the bumper in the next days?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Re: Hit & Run

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Sebastian wrote:took his insurrance details and all but i'm not sure i should report it as i'll probably ripp yer mans future renewals .

Cant remember if it was you Seb or someone else who had a bad experience with something like this before. Report it. At least then if he does nothing you'll have back up and proof that it did happen and that you contacted them. The fact he drove off in the first place makes it dangerous not to report it.

Thats bloody bad luck by the way, hopefully you get it sorted asap.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keenan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:31 pm

seb.... if he didnt hang around.... fxxk him and report it... not your problem if it affects him..... if he had of being ok and hung around to sort something out with you... happy xmas !!!
keenan
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:28 pm

Sebastian wrote:took his insurrance details and all but i'm not sure i should report it as i'll probably ripp yer mans future renewals .

Seb, unless he's willing to pay up ASAP report the accident - he doesn't deserve to get off considering he didn't hang about. Might teach him a lesson...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aido C » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Report it, big time!
Aido C
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby Aido C » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Did you inform the Garda about it?
Aido C

Postby Mitsumaniac » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:29 pm

:whs

Bad luck man, if you want to sort your bumper anyway give a call to the lads I work with. www.bodyworkdublin.com . The guy`s name is Daniel.
oh... dilo`s bumper is there as well if you want to see the quality of painting :)
http://www.newhorizonstyling.com - Wide range of GRP and Carbon fibre panels
Mitsumaniac
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Report it to the Gardai then there's record of it happening. you don't have to put it through insurance but at least he can't turn around and deny it in a few weeks time.
colm_mcm

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:21 am

colm_mcm wrote:Report it to the Gardai then there's record of it happening. you don't have to put it through insurance but at least he can't turn around and deny it in a few weeks time.

I tried reporting a similar incident to the gardai..they didn't wat to hear it.. In the end it was handled without me claiming.. result was sh1t, I had no comeback and the bloke who sprayed my rear bumper eventually tried to start a fight with me..

Morale of the story..Unless the other guy is actually your friend... report him...
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby optical illusion » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 pm

F(uk him! Life has taught me to trust no one these days.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dilogoat86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:19 pm

If there's anything to be learned from accidents it's report it. I have 2 scratches on the car from when Wild owned it, parked on my road no less, it's the very back of a complicated estate, so someone I know scratched it and didn't come knocking. If I knew who it was, neighbour or not I'd report it. Also, it might look like just the bumper but until it's properly looked at by a garage there could be other stuff broken too.
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Sebastian » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:57 am

didn't updated this ,
well in the end i didn't report this , yer man agreed and paid for the repairs , roll on good weather . :smt023
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Return to Off Topic