Facelift GPX for breaking

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Facelift GPX for breaking

Postby ottostreet » Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Picked this up tonight.

Will be breaking and selling pretty much everything that I don't need. If you fancy something, send me a PM.
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Facelift GPX for breaking

Postby Kace » Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Poor FTO :-/
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ottostreet » Wed May 09, 2012 9:39 pm

It's dead!
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 pm

I had a look at it yesterday. Offered the guy €600. Was gonna take it if the "Guy with a trailer doesn't show". I was gonna fix it. I reckon its something simple, but i know you want the gearbox. Shame to see a manual mivec gettin destroyed.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ottostreet » Wed May 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Ah so you were the guy he meant! Yeah, my own car is in far better condition overall. I'm slightly afraid to look underneath this, as I'd imagine the rust is fairly well advanced, seeing as theres a few spots on the wheel arches.

He also mentioned the engine overheated, but I'm not concerned with the engine. It's a shame to break a manual Mivec, but the cost of putting this one back to an acceptable/very good condition is a little bit too much. Anyway, isn't it better to take two less than perfect FTOs to make one immaculate Version R?
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:51 am

hehe. I had a feeling you were the guy with the trailer. 600 was as far as I would have paid. You didn't give the full 800 he said did you? He definitely would have taken 700, or if you waited 2 weeks, 600. He came across as just being totally lazy about the whole car and hadn't a clue about anything. The seats looked great in the photos, but lord they are in bad shape aren't they! That facelift bumper should sell quickly.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ottostreet » Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 am

Nope, but it was more than six! I just wanted to get on with it though and get it in my yard, as I won't have time for cars for next few weeks beyond minor stuff.

Nah, don't think he cared too much about it once it sold. The interior is actually fine overall, its just the drivers seat bolster is worn through. Definitely is in the car a few years anyway. I'm gonna take it out and treat it tomorrow, as I want to take the carpet out and dye it jet black! Lots of bits and pieces that are in good nick to sell on, and the parts I wanted then are on it. Steering wheel is incredibly naff, its like a truck steering wheel or something!
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:28 am

You'll be needing to improve those bartering skills so ;)

I had a feeling it was you buying, because I knew I would have a buyer for the gearbox if I bought for 600. facelift would sell for 150. headlight at 50 each. tails at 30. centre console 30-40. wheels 100-150 for the lot. I reckoned i would have my money made back if i did break it, but would have had it looked it first. Better to sell a cheap working manual mivec for 1500 if the sale cost 600 + maybe 200 in repairs. But, you have that manual gearbox. You might do a walk through of the exchange? Maybe even a video?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ottostreet » Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Have the leather interior out, treated it with some leather treatment and just gave it a wipe down, but could do with a proper clean to get the grubbiness out.

Leather is all in good nick overall, only significant wear is to the driver side bolster. Dunno whats a fair price really. Say 180?

In the car

Rear seats

Passenger seat

Driver seat
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 pm

There might be a buyer out there but it's not for me anyway
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Nice seats but I could not see past the damage, shame as they are really nice.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby ottostreet » Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Yeah it's a pity about the damage, I think the price reflects it. Passenger seat and rear seats are perfect, just the drivers bolster. Made good progress on stripping today, will put more pics of more stuff tomorrow.
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Kace » Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 pm

How on earth could someone wear out the seat like that !!! My leatherettes are like new after about 6-7 years in the car.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Kace wrote:How on earth could someone wear out the seat like that !!! My leatherettes are like new after about 6-7 years in the car.

Looking at the damage, I'm assuming the material on these seats is leatherette and not leather - the latter handles abuse much better over time.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:51 pm

CJ wrote:
Kace wrote:How on earth could someone wear out the seat like that !!! My leatherettes are like new after about 6-7 years in the car.

Looking at the damage, I'm assuming the material on these seats is leatherette and not leather - the latter handles abuse much better over time.

I can confirm you're correct, because I had a look at the seats the other day. It looks like a previous owner was just very careless when getting into the car and over time, abrasive corrosion did its nasty work. Thats also what happens to the drivers seat when the driver drags, rather than lifts himself/herself out of the seat. Common in low riding sports cars with bucket seats. That's why I opted for a strong leatherette and now to be leather.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri May 11, 2012 10:39 pm

goz_83 wrote:
CJ wrote:

I can confirm you're correct, because I had a look at the seats the other day. It looks like a previous owner was just very careless when getting into the car and over time, abrasive corrosion did its nasty work. Thats also what happens to the drivers seat when the driver drags, rather than lifts himself/herself out of the seat. Common in low riding sports cars with bucket seats. That's why I opted for a strong leatherette and now to be leather.

Real leather? What colour did you go for?
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:58 am

Black. Black stitch. White logo. If I went for blue, the price would be much, much more. Also black was in stock and is transferable to any colour FTO if I decide to sell on, or god forbid, change my FTO.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gfalls » Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Momo leather was standard in my Spider... :smt003
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
gfalls
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'

Postby verzonr » Sat May 12, 2012 4:38 pm

do u have the bumper and spoiler pm me pricing for both and what wheel is it momo?
verzonr
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 pm

The bumper is on it. A crack in the fog, but easily sorted. The wheel is a gay old after market yoke :)
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:42 pm

What condition are the arch liners in?
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby kevinod » Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Anyone know if the facelift GPX heater matrix is the same as the classic GR heater matrix? If so, how much?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby ottostreet » Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 pm

StewyD32 wrote:What condition are the arch liners in?

Crap and non-existant. They're one of the parts I need, looks like I'm gonna have to buy new.

Here's the facelift bumper

Was a pig to get off.
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby ottostreet » Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Anyone for facelift bumper or VR spoiler? Front wings and side skirts available too now.

Christ I hate taking cars apart.
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Sebastian » Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 pm

those bits should be easy to sell . Really refreshes the look of a prefacelift standard FTO
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Next

Return to For Sale