Some advice please

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Some advice please

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:05 am

Guys I have the Z up for sale as we are going travelling the country and wont be able to sell the Z when we are travelling plus itll be more enjoyable not having to worry about how to sell it just before we leave. I've received a couple of the usual scam emails, but then I received this one, and I'm not sure is it legit or not, the first thing is that he actually replied back, the second thing is that hes not offering a price more than the car just the price I asked for. My concern is that I have no proof that this guy is real or how do I go about checking it out. If he is real and he was being legit then it would be great, cause it would solve an awful lot of our stresses over here at the moment, but if not then obviously I'm not going to be taken for a ride. Emails attached;

BUYER: Hello mate! I'd like to know more about the conditions of this car as i am interested in buying it for $3000 as you have requested. Payment will be made through my online paypal credit and i will arrange for the pickup. Let me know if you are ready to transact with me and as well get back to me your paypal email acct. Hope to read from you asap

ME:Hi.
I dont accept paypal only cash or paid into my bank account. If you can pay by either of these methods then when I have confirmation that the money has been cleared then the car can be collected.
The car is in very good condition as can be seen in the pictures, better for you to have a look for yourself.
Martin.

BUYER: Thanks for the mail ,am buying the car as a gift for my dad as i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and i really want the car to be a surprise for my dad so i wont let him know anything abt the car until it gets delivered to him , i am sure he will be more than happy with the car.I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payment asap for the car and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.co.nz and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the car up after i have made the payment.
Thank

I'm very wary of it but at the same time dont want to lose a potential buyer cause of it. Any advice appreciated!
Thanks.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Some advice please

Postby gfalls » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:41 am

Doesn't look quite right to me. He could get cash and give it to the courier. COD if you like. Also, very long winded explanation about who, what, when and where..!

I'd hold out for a face to face with cash, if it were me...!
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
gfalls
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'

Postby Sebastian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:14 am

i wouldnt buy a car without seeing it in the flesh
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby jayod12b » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:57 am

jayod12b
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Cheers lads, thats what I was thinking.
Seb I agree I wouldnt buy a car without viewing either, and buying it for his father sounds a bit dodge to me.
I asked him could he not pay a friend of his through paypal, (like you just suggested gfalls), and they pay me the cash, I'm refusing to budge on the paypal thing, I'm not accepting payment through that. Asked him too for a mobile phone number so I can contact him, also asked him for details of this 'agent' hes planning on using for collection. Only asked for them for proof of him being legit and so I can see if hes actually going to reply back.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Perfect, thats the type of stuff I was looking for! Confirmation its a scam. Thanks a million. Can reply properly now! :D
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby jayod12b » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:11 pm

No problem Martin :wink:

Best of luck with the sale,
Hope you do find a genuine seller
jayod12b
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:34 pm

jayod12b wrote:No problem Martin :wink:

Best of luck with the sale,
Hope you do find a genuine seller

So do I, have 14 people with it saved to their watchlist and over 150 views in a day and a half, hopefully one of those will come through.

Found off another forum;
Off another forum I found while searching, its the exact same almost word for word for my one;

"Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buying it now forbirthday gift for Great Father and i am at sea at the moment as i am amarine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls makingand visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time tocheck this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really wantthe car to be a surprise for my father so i wont let him know anythingabout the car until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will bemore than happy with the car. I insisted on paypal because i don'thave access to my bank account online as i don't have internetbanking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/cattached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email addressand the price so i can make the payments asap for the car and pls ifyou don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go towww.paypal.com.au and get it set up, after you have set it up i willonly need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal soas to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come andpick the car up after i have made the payments...
Regards
Robert R Lucas

Wow this guy is great he wants to buy my car sight unseen......(i dont think so)
did a little research and as it seems hes been targeting carsales bike sales ect ect.

so people watch out"

So deffo a scam.

So for anyone selling up be aware that they are using paypal as a means of scamming too. Bloody pain in the ar$e, makes it harder for legit buyers and sellers.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keenan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:40 pm

thats crazy crap !! the girlfriend was telling me one bout them 3v cards there is a big scam going on with them also !!!! hope you get a buyer soon bud !!
keenan
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby crayzidane » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Should email him back and ask him ''Is this a scam'' and see what he says :twisted:
I'd rather be hated for what I am,
than loved for what Im not.
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:07 pm

crayzidane wrote:Should email him back and ask him ''Is this a scam'' and see what he says :twisted:

Havent heard anything back since I asked for proof of his identity and stuff. Was going to send him an email with a link to the scam I found and the one that jayod12b found, but I cant be bothered wasting any more time with scammers. Not as if its going to stop him scamming other people.
Thanks for the feedback lads, appreciate it.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic