shane

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

shane

Postby soc » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:28 pm

might as well join the fun..

First time I knew FTO's was when an ex-mate (haven't seen him for years) showed me one that was in a garage he was working in. At the time I was on my first car, a 1986 1.3cl golf - I always loved the old mk 1 golf ('specially the gti). Anyway, I've always like performance cars so after 4 months with the golf I bought a ropey 1987 205 GTI (1.9). It was wicked, expensive (cause it kep breaking) but wicked. I loved the 205 GTI so I bought anohter one. This time a mint black 1990 1.9 GTI. I went to town on this one, koni's alround, full stainless straight through exhaust, grooved disks, induction kit, ported head etc. - it was a ripper and handled like nothing else I'd ever driven.... until the FTO that is. After a while (3 years) I started to look away from the hot hatch for something more visually impressive - never really though I could get insurance on an FTO (cause I had an accident hanging over me) but I tried and I could - bought a lovely silver GS from the garage that have always serviced my car. I paid over the odds for it as it had service history with this garage and I trusted them. I spent a bit on this car, quad exhaust, some interior bits, lowering etc. but after anout 2 years I started to yearn for more power. The first time I drove a GR I knew I had to have one....... I looked around and it didn't take me long to find my wine GR - bit tappety in the mornings but it was going cheap so I bought it. So far (4 months) touch wood no problems. Have only lowered it so far but am loving every minute - the sound, handling and performance are great.

I reckon I won't spend much on this car cause I really want to get a WRX STI (new model) or an EVO 6 and I plan on getting there sometime next summer........ wish I could keep the fto too though - best bang for buck around. Can't think of any other car that generates as much interest or is as much fun to drive that doesn't cost 20-30k euro more than the FTO :) In fact most of the kids (14-17yrs) that live around my folks place thought the car must have cost me at least 25K euro..... amazing!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: shane

Postby soc » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:33 pm

shane wrote:might as well join the fun..

First time I knew FTO's was when an ex-mate (haven't seen him for years) showed me one that was in a garage he was working in. At the time I was on my first car, a 1986 1.3cl golf - I always loved the old mk 1 golf ('specially the gti). Anyway, I've always like performance cars so after 4 months with the golf I bought a ropey 1987 205 GTI (1.9). It was wicked, expensive (cause it kep breaking) but wicked. I loved the 205 GTI so I bought anohter one. This time a mint black 1990 1.9 GTI. I went to town on this one, koni's alround, full stainless straight through exhaust, grooved disks, induction kit, ported head etc. - it was a ripper and handled like nothing else I'd ever driven.... until the FTO that is. After a while (3 years) I started to look away from the hot hatch for something more visually impressive - never really though I could get insurance on an FTO (cause I had an accident hanging over me) but I tried and I could - bought a lovely silver GS from the garage that have always serviced my car. I paid over the odds for it as it had service history with this garage and I trusted them. I spent a bit on this car, quad exhaust, some interior bits, lowering etc. but after anout 2 years I started to yearn for more power. The first time I drove a GR I knew I had to have a V6....... I looked around and it didn't take me long to find my wine GR (no decent GPX around I just couldn't wait, besides Dean was taking my car off me :)) the GR was bit tappety when cold but it was going cheap so I could live with that and I bought it. So far (4 months) touch wood no problems. Have only lowered it so far but am loving every minute - the sound, handling and performance are great.

I reckon I won't spend much on this car cause I really want to get a WRX STI (new model) or an EVO 6 and I plan on getting there sometime next summer........ wish I could keep the fto too though - best bang for buck around. Can't think of any other car that generates as much interest or is as much fun to drive that doesn't cost 20-30k euro more than the FTO :) In fact most of the kids (14-17yrs) that live around my folks place thought the car must have cost me at least 25K euro..... amazing!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Introduce yourself