Anyone on here know this car ?

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone on here know this car ?

Postby rmcg_2011 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi lads and ladies

I only really used the forum before when i was selling my old FTO. it was a sad day and i always knew i would be tempted to get another one sometime. i have been without for a year now and think it might be the time to get back behind the wheel of one again !!

i came across this on done deal and wondered if it was anyone here that was selling it or if anyone here knows the car. any advice / info on history of the car would be appreciated.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/m ... 24/5158291
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: Anyone on here know this car ?

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Yeah its Chris' old car. Gerry originally sold it to him last year and Chris wanted a change, so Gerry bought back and sold to current owner. Its a good GX, non mivec. The seats are fake leather and i bought them and sold to Chris when i decided on real leather black seats. They are maybe a year old. The car is a good one.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:10 pm

It was my old car, it was a great car and had only one or two small problems that may be fixed by now but here they are anyway. The central locking motor does not work, I would say it is the motor from the Drivers door side as sometimes the passenger door would lock, using the key worked fine but the fob never locked the car. When I sold it to Gerry he changed over the wheels and they seem to have been changed over again by this new seller, The engine was perfect and I had the timing belt done last year and the Auto box fluid changed in May this year as well as 4 new brake discs, The mileage should be around 146,000 km so if its not that then I would be asking the seller why its different, it has HID dipped beams and halogen full. I painted the spoiler myself and after a year it will probably need a re-coating. It has a Clifford alarm installed but I found it seemed to drain the battery if I didnt drive the car every few days, from reading up online it appears the alarms battery needs to be replaced otherwise it draws power from the car battery, and the lighter socket stopped working just before I sold it.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby rmcg_2011 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am

thanks for that lads, im going to try have a look this week and see what its like. are these new pics or the are they the ones you sold it with Chris ? how long ago did you sell it ? what were the tappets like when you sold it ?
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:31 am

These are new pictures, I had much nicer 17" Alloys on mine :mrgreen: There was never an issue with tappets when I had it, just the issues I outlined before. I sold the car around April, to Gerry. Gerry put it trough the NCT and sold it on.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 am

PM Gerry and he might let you know what it sold for, so you have a better idea of what it might sell for, assuming the new owner did nothing with it. If you do buy it, I would recommend putting a quad exhaust on it, because that bumper doesn't look right without quads.

Have you checked out this GX on adverts? http://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/ft ... 9#comments

I have it on good authority that it will sell for closer to 1k than the asking price. I know it's a great car, because my brother owns it. I haven't spoken to him in months, so I can't do much else other than point you toward it. The pics don't show, but it has Quad exhausts. It's clean. Has had no driving in a year, because he has only a learner permit and no hope to insure it on that....long story I won't get into. The engine bay is gorgeous too. I gave him red anodized bolts for the engine bay that cost me €60 from a member on here. Some of the other lads will know this car too. It would be a genuine bargain and I reckon you could get 300 knocked off if you show up with the doh.

I think its his friends partner advertising it for him.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Why not wait for a GPX ?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby rmcg_2011 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm

finally got through to Jovani and turns out the car is sold - he just never bothered to update the ad !

ah well, the search continues !

thanks Goz - that looks the part alright although I really am not a fan of the red to be honest. the nct on Chris' one was a big draw aswell . I will definitely keep it in mind though.
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:51 pm

The guy who bought the GX was just out to turn a profit. Looks like he did from what I heard.

Gerry was selling a lovely 94 GR I used to own. It sold today though :)

We will have a new club member soon.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby rmcg_2011 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Yeah seems to be the case alright. Shame really, looked like a nice machine. would have snapped it up.
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby rmcg_2011 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Same again lads, any info on this machine would be great. would have preferred to have picked up the last one with the NCT but this is a lot cheaper so would have a few quid left over to try get it through. what you reckon ?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fto/5264654
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Don't know the car but it must be worth looking at for 500e
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 am

rmcg_2011 wrote:Same again lads, any info on this machine would be great. would have preferred to have picked up the last one with the NCT but this is a lot cheaper so would have a few quid left over to try get it through. what you reckon ?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fto/5264654

I viewed that car on Saturday. Asking price was €750. I gave it a good look over and it's an ex club car, belonged to Dan.

So....here's what I found:

No Tax and No NCT for 18 months.

Exterior:
The front tyres were quite badly worn, especially the passenger one, which was completely bald on the outside. Looked like it had been driven very hard. The alloys are all in need of a refurb, as I have never seen so many paint chips and scuffs in my life. The passenger side of the front bumper is mis-aligned...owner says it was a car park incident. Doors have more dings than I could count. Side skirts missing. Corrosion on the rear of chassis. Passenger side arch liner cut open. Looks like car had some serious mods removed. Has no catalytic converter, only a decat pipe.

Engine Bay:
Engine sounded ok. Fan did not engage the whole time I was there. There was NO WATER in the radiator. Owner filled it up. Leaking coolant from somewhere. Other fluid levels were fine. Has Samco coolant hoses and performance leads. Has foam induction kit and after market HIDs.

Interior:
I didn't notice anything out of place. Has glow dials. Drivers seat covered with a hideous cover I didn't look under.

Test Drive:
I was disappointed by car and didn't even want to drive it. My friend drove it. He said it drove fine, but sounded like it needed bushings. I could hear a squeak from one of the wheels. I left without making an offer. My friend who was with me rang him a few minutes after we left, offering €400. He refused. About an hour later, the guy rang back, saying he had won a few quid at the bookies and would sell the car for €500. Personally I wouldn't have given €300, but i'm a fussy besterd.

I wanted something to fix up for the fun of it and sell on, maybe earning a profit. This car was not the one for me. It's worth €500 for parts imo, but would take a fair bit of work and money to get right.

What's your budget and what do you want?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby rmcg_2011 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 am

Great post as always Goz - fair play to you.

that has made my decision to be fair. sounds like its more hassle than its worth really.

just looking for a runaround at the moment. my own car has blown up so its a good excuse to be able to get back behind the wheel of an fto again ! I would have definitely taken the initial one ( chris and gerrys old one ) if it was there but was just unlucky with timing. budget is tight overall as saving for a wedding ( I must be mad ! ) so she has a close eye on the purse strings !! after the wedding my intention is to get a few quid together and buy something larger ( range / q4 etc ) and hold onto the FTO as a weekend car

if this car was clean I would have been tempted and just handed it over to my mechanic with the hope that I would be close to the NCT with another €500 put into her but if the bodywork isn't good then its not a route I want to go down.

ill keep an eye out, hopefully something comes up soon as have to get something this week and its taking a lot of effort to convince the war office that an fto is a better idea than an old mondeo or something like that !!
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am

Sent you a pm
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale