Rolling Road Day 2

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Rolling Road Day 2

Postby CJ » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:19 pm

I think its fair to say that the Rolling Road session was a great success, thanks to everyone for turning up, 10 FTOs on the day was great (albeit not all at once ;)). It was good to see some old faces as well as some new ones.
We had a great mix of cars, strangly, most of 'em were manuals for a change! Adrians S2000 was a sight behold, great car, what more can i say? The GSR and Mondeo did pretty well in terms of performance, if remember correctly, KC's manual GPX came out tops @ 193BHP, most powerful FTO of the day! On that note, can all that attended send me on their torque and BHP (flywheel) and model/gearbox type of car, I'll put a table together of all the results.

In the mean time, check out the 'Meets' page for pics of the day (or if you're lazy, click here ;))

Ciaran
Last edited by CJ on Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:00 pm

Just to re-iterate what I'm sure people are thinking...thanks Ciaran for taking the initiative and planning to get that meet off the road. Met some great folk, saw some great FTO's and got my 240bhp sheet to frame forever. :evil:

Thanks C,

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Dean » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:05 pm

damn the timing! :D

I dont get mine till next week. Hope we get another one someday.
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Ed » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:24 am

Well done Ciaran. It was a fantastic day. I met some nice people, got the car on the rollers and got a quote for tuning the car from 180 - 380 horses :) Well chuffed :). Sweet. Thanks Ciaran ans see all you guys for the next meet.

Ed
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:29 am

No problems Ed, glad you enjoyed it. What sort of equipment\money would you have yo throw @ the GSR for 200BHP gains?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:57 am

adrian wrote:Just to re-iterate what I'm sure people are thinking...thanks Ciaran for taking the initiative and planning to get that meet off the road. Met some great folk, saw some great FTO's and got my 240bhp sheet to frame forever. :evil:

Thanks C,

A

Hear hear i second that, it was a great day and got to put names to faces, and yes i know i'll either mix them up or forget them the next time we meet :oops: :oops: as i did once or twice that day. But all in all i have to say a great day, Nice one cj :D :wink: :D

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:40 pm

good day alright, nice to put a face to the names, and some really nice motors.... hopefully next time i'll have something a little more powerful than an electric hairdryer :cry: (120.4bhp at flywheel)
but it was something else to hear the mivecs kicking in, in an inclosed space, what music!!

dave
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ed » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:32 pm

I was quoted unoficially 3K sterling for installing 1.5 bar (Evos run at just under 1.0 bar) high end turbo. I'm not sure which one, but I was told to expect up to 380 horses to be produced. It is far too much to put into a 94 car, but if I get a newer GSR or an EVO (450 horses with the same mod) I would really consider it. It just shows how much you can tune an turbo charged car. still I would prefer an FTO (To a GSR). IMO better quality car and there is no turbo lag to contend with.

That is the killer for me. If I'm in third or fourth and I want to take off in second, I have to wait till the turbo kicks in before I get pushed into the seat. With the FTO it was instant. I wonder what a supercharged FTO would put out. any ideas?
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby JD » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:06 am

I'll echo the sentiments above - thanks for organising that Ciaran - it was great to meet some of the guys and put faces to the names (even though I was only popping in and out), and Daz I'll bet you a pound to a penny that it will take me longer to put the names to faces than you :wink: I still call my kids by each others names :shock:

I'll certianly look forward to the next meet.
Cheers
JD
JD

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Ed wrote:I wonder what a supercharged FTO would put out. any ideas?

There is an owner in England that has it done Joe pantene i think :?: :!: :?: but it was done at the cost of 000's but try j cars and get intouch with him that way he'll tell you all there is to know as he has spent a long time developing the kit.

Daz...
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:31 am

Daz wrote:There is an owner in England that has it done Joe pantene

I think it was actually Tony Banton (Tonyb@balsall.fsnet.co.uk), he did it himself back in '01 AFAIK. They used to call his car 'The SIVEC' on the UK lists..

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:38 pm

CJ wrote:
Daz wrote:There is an owner in England that has it done Joe pantene

I think it was actually Tony Banton (Tonyb@balsall.fsnet.co.uk), he did it himself back in '01 AFAIK. They used to call his car 'The SIVEC' on the UK lists..

Ciaran

Ah yes thats the man, :D but if i recall joe has done something to maybe a turbo job or something

Daz...
Daz

Return to Irish FTO meets