95 2.0 Mivec Auto

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

95 2.0 Mivec Auto

Postby neboboy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Hey everyone finially fgot myself an FTO always wanted one , auto or manual didnt care just loved they way they looked,
I picked up a 95 2.0 Auto Mivec one , V6 24 valve,

Friend of mine owed me a lot of money so picked the whole car up for 200 euro which was a nice bargain , just had 3 flat wheels got a set of the original ones with tyres for 135 off a guy on done deal, gona give em a refurb this week,

Also just want to aska few tech questions as in what are the common problems with em ,
mine seems to have a bit of a delay in selecting the gear in auto, I click it into D and about 3 seconds later it pops into gear also the revs seem to be a bit off as in i out the foot down and a few seconds later it catchs up and pulls away not a major problem just annoying , the rev guage doesnt seem to be workign and the fuel guage seems to be dancing up and down a bit apart from that suspension is fine wheels and tyres are fine few minor scrapes on body windows work alarm works heating works no rust anywhere parked up for near 2 years, electric windows work no rips or tears in the seats just really needs a clean and a service but really want to know the common problems so i can check them first and make sure they are all cleared first,

also had new brake pads put on it a year ago and never driven ,

any info would help lads as I really love these cars and got one for a bargain price
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Re: 95 2.0 Mivec Auto

Postby goz_83 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am

Disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes to reset the ECU.

Common problems would be underbody rust, so make sure she is under-sealed. The stepper motor (idle control valve) can occasionally be an issue, which causes her to cut out. Sticky rear calipers can pop up. Also tappet noise. I'm pretty dri=unk right now, so that's all I can think of. Welcome to the club.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Introduce yourself