Wanted FTO

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted FTO

Postby thomasfto » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:09 pm

I Got one Thanks for all you help.
Last edited by thomasfto on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
thomasfto
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Viper » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:27 pm

Why aren't the other much nicer colours up there?
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Wanted FTO

Postby soc » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:18 pm

thomasfto wrote:Hi, Im looking for a FTO GR if anyone you know is selling one give me a call, I would like one in black with around 70-80K Klms and with some kind of a service history. oh and I have cash right now.
Thomas

How much cash you got to spend? :-)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:34 pm

Should mention the all important detail too - tip or manual? Tips a lot easier to come across!

Check out www.buyandsell.ie, put 'fto' into the search box.

Kev.
kevinod

FTO

Postby thomasfto » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:37 am

Ok i want a Tip vertion just cuse i'm lazy and i have about 5500 to spend. what do you all think about a 96 for 8K with 40Kmls not Klms Tip vertion just off the boat. , bit munch i was thinking?
thomasfto
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby kevinod » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:46 am

Does sound saucy, need to tax and NCT that and all I guess, you can get 95s for say 5-6K I think with some bit of tax and NCT'd too. The facelift didn't happen until 97, so, and apologies to anyone who has a 96, there isn't really any benefit in getting a 96 instead of a 95 I'd think.

If the car was in excellent condition with all the extras and manual (more expensive 'cos they're rarer) then *maybe* it'd creep close to 8K, throw Mivec on top and you prob make the 8K. For a tip though too much I'd say.

Keep an eye on Buy & Sell/Autotrader/CBG/etc. and you should get a pretty good idea for prices. There is a bit of variance around but at least you can see market values.

Kev.
kevinod

Postby thomasfto » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:03 pm

yeah i would have to agree. the going price on a 95 GPX/ GR would be around 5K I hope to get a 95 Mivec with 80K Klm not 50Kmls for €4500 I think Im getting a good deal. Saying that. its the sliver one, im not mad on it I do like the Black or mid night Blue :D
thomasfto
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby kevinod » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:34 pm

Sounds excellent to me, a little too cheap for a MIVEC if anything, make sure you have it well checked out, AA inspection or something to check for any hidden gotchas.

Silver is the colour I fancy on them myself... have one in japan waiting on shipment. Sure you can always get it spraypainted for a few hundred quid... FTO_gal just got hers done again, white this time.

Kev.
kevinod

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:55 pm

kevinod wrote:Sure you can always get it spraypainted for a few hundred quid... FTO_gal just got hers done again, white this time.

Kev.

For a proper respray it will cost you more than a few hundred you'll be talking a couple of grand mate,

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby kevinod » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:01 pm

Daz wrote:
kevinod wrote:Sure you can always get it spraypainted for a few hundred quid... FTO_gal just got hers done again, white this time.

Kev.

For a proper respray it will cost you more than a few hundred you'll be talking a couple of grand mate,

Daz...

Ouch.... glad I got a silver one then! Never got a full respray done, just the occasional bits and pieces (when car was keyed down the side got 2 panels done). A couple of grand for a full respray job?? Surely could get a reasonable job for a few hundred?
kevinod

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:30 pm

kevinod wrote:
Ouch.... glad I got a silver one then! Never got a full respray done, just the occasional bits and pieces (when car was keyed down the side got 2 panels done). A couple of grand for a full respray job?? Surely could get a reasonable job for a few hundred?

A proper job where it is done right and the paint cooked in an oven will cost you a minium of 2.8 grand a good job of it being sprayed and not cooked should cost about 2 grand a cheep and nasty job where everything like the lights and windscreen are just taped up will still cost you about a grand but you'll know it too so basically you'll get what you paid for.

Me as a personal choice i'd pay 3 grand and get it done right.

Daz...
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:34 pm

Also just to make a point say you have a silver fto and you go for the 3 grand full respray it will only cost you 3,5 grand to get a flip paint job done as the labour will basically stay the same you'll just be paying for the extra paint and such.

Daz...
Daz

Re: FTO

Postby soc » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:55 am

thomasfto wrote:Ok i want a Tip vertion just cuse i'm lazy and i have about 5500 to spend. what do you all think about a 96 for 8K with 40Kmls not Klms Tip vertion just off the boat. , bit munch i was thinking?

here comes the cheap and shameless plug... my imperial red (wine to most people) 95, tip GR might be on the market come August...... :lol:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:23 am

Hi, Im looking for a FTO GR if anyone you know is selling one give me a call, I would like one in black with around 70-80K Klms and with some kind of a service history
Thomasfto if your interested, there's a black FTO GR tip, for sale in Brian Walsh car sales (Laois/Offaly border 0502 23006) Had a look myself, decided it wasn't the car for me....but. Had my heart set on a GPX.
Straight off the boat, ~95k km (I think). Some history, in Japanese though! Body looks ok, some minor scratchs on the underside of the front bumper -nothing too serious.
Interior, needs tidying, some goon ripped out the 'double stereo' unit and in doing so broke the gear lever surround. Sounds like the a/c belt is slipping aswell. Price ~€6.5k (negiotable I would think!)
I believe he also has a '96 white 2l, don't know any of the details!
Good luck with the search.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:26 am

Damn it. I have to get that quote thing right one of these days :!:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:29 am

Heh, u know u can edit your posts afterwards, right?

Edit button on there somewhere, click it and you can edit away again. It'll mention that it was edited and how many times but at least you could sort out your quotes! :D
kevinod

Postby JD » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:31 pm

If you're thinking about a respray you'll pay a lot more for a colour change than a normal re-spray of the same colour. I was quoted last week €3,000 for a re-spray and wait for this ...he said up to €8,000 for a colour change re-spray :shock: . I thought that was a joke, but he was serious. It was a place on the Celbridge to Lucan Road , I went in and let him have a look at the car and they had loads of cars being worked on.

So it would certainly be worth getting a couple of actual quotes before deciding on getting a car that you don't like the colour of :wink: .

JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to For Sale