Heatwave 2012

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Heatwave 2012

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:36 am

Anyone going to this today? its on in Meath. Should be lots of modified motors there.

I only heard about this a little while ago and My FTO is still with Nolan Motors, a wheel nut broke so he has to drill it out to put on the rear brake disc, When I call he says he is mad busy and he hasnt had a chance to look at it, but it has been almost 3 weeks without the car.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Heatwave 2012

Postby goz_83 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:05 pm

That's a very long time for a wheel nut.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:03 pm

yep, guess its not on his priority list, will be visiting him on Monday morning.

I decided to go to Heatwave to have a look, wasnt too bad at all, brought my son. Some nice motors spoiled somewhat by the bad weather. Also got to see the GT86 in the flesh. Great looking machine and the back end looked fine when you see it in person, only thing I didnt like were the little panels on the front, maybe there for some optional extra or something but they look horrid, like warts on an otherwise lovely face, here a pic of what I mean.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Here are just a few more shots
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:33 pm

lovin the mustang
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:41 pm

goz_83 wrote:lovin the mustang

Yeah, that was my fav of the show, it had a lot of presence.
Chris_Heilong

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:43 am

If wheel nut breaks on an fto is it not just a matter of punching out the old bolt and replacing it?
colm_mcm

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:....... only thing I didnt like were the little panels on the front, maybe there for some optional extra or something but they look horrid, like warts on an otherwise lovely face, here a pic of what I mean..........[/img]

Square panel is the headlight washers - the circular panel is for the tow piece. Not pretty I agree and I'd question why headlight washers are neccessary on such a focused car. Equally Toyota could have run the tow eye through the centre of the front grill rather than through the front bumper. Unless theres some new Euro regs that require both of the above?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 pm

colm_mcm wrote:If wheel nut breaks on an fto is it not just a matter of punching out the old bolt and replacing it?

Id say it is, I left the car in for to get cam belts replaced, new battery terminals and all wheel brake discs and pads done. In fairness I was asked "was I in a hurry?" and I said he can take his time as I have another car, when I hadnt heard from him in a while I paid a visit and was told he had the wrong phone number for me. He showed me the crank shaft pulley was degraded and needed to be replaced and that the wheelnut at the back was broken so he could not replace the rear discs without getting my permission first. I called him a few times and he said he hadnt had a chance to look at it(fair enough as I told him I wasn't in a hurry) but it is almost a month there now and I have to get the bootlid resprayed so even when I get it back I then have to hand it over to someone else for a few days :cry: He seems like a sound bloke, just hope its ready Monday.
Last edited by Chris_Heilong on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
Chris_Heilong wrote:....... only thing I didnt like were the little panels on the front, maybe there for some optional extra or something but they look horrid, like warts on an otherwise lovely face, here a pic of what I mean..........[/img]

Square panel is the headlight washers - the circular panel is for the tow piece. Not pretty I agree and I'd question why headlight washers are neccessary on such a focused car. Equally Toyota could have run the tow eye through the centre of the front grill rather than through the front bumper. Unless theres some new Euro regs that require both of the above?

Thanks for that, it makes sense but still looks like crap.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Chris...

I will be collecting my resprayed lid tomorrow, but will be leaving the spare lid behind, as I wont have room in the back with everything else (including a mini person) to bring it home. If you're using the same place as I got mine done, you can borrow my blue boot lid and just leave the white one in for spraying. My only request is that you bring my boot lid back when you have yours put on. It'll look a bit funky with a blue bootlid, but at least you will only have to drive one car up and back. Let me know if you want me to leave the lid there.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:25 pm

goz_83 wrote:Chris...

I will be collecting my resprayed lid tomorrow, but will be leaving the spare lid behind, as I wont have room in the back with everything else (including a mini person) to bring it home. If you're using the same place as I got mine done, you can borrow my blue boot lid and just leave the white one in for spraying. My only request is that you bring my boot lid back when you have yours put on. It'll look a bit funky with a blue bootlid, but at least you will only have to drive one car up and back. Let me know if you want me to leave the lid there.

Cheers man, you are very kind.

But I have a spare lid already. I called Hillside car spray and asked could I just drop in the bootlid, but the guy wants the car so he can get as good a colour match as possible, I think they have an oven.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Finally got the car back, Paul did a great job. The thing can actually stop like a normal car now :)
the broken nut was really rusted in there, after removal Paul noticed the rear droplink was broken and replaced it with a 2nd hand one, all belts, brake discs and pads done. He also replace the crank shaft pulley. The alternator is fine but there maybe a drain coming from the Alarm as the alarms battery-pack is dead. Somehow the front number plate got damaged but lucky I have a replacement one at home. Now to get the boot sprayed.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Did you get a price for the boot spray?

I just launched the gvd autos website ( http://www.gvdautos.ie ) and it has a price list there. I've asked CJ about making them site partners, offering club members a 10% discount. Hopefully he is on soon to confirm.

I collected my lid and it looks good. The other one is getting polished and the oe spoiler will be put onto it, just in case. You're welcome to check out the end result. It'll be outside the office tomorrow from 1:30 to 8. Same place as before. I haven't updated the photos with the tail lights done. I'm waiting for custom alloy center badges to arrive next week and I will take a few pics when they do. They will be royal blue with "GOZ" printed on them. It's been very hard finding the right size. A few months ago was easy, but not anymore. Ebay is so unpredictable with these things.
Last edited by goz_83 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:55 pm

When I was originally getting quotes it was €150 everywhere, it has now gone up to €170 everywhere. Hillside said they could have it finished within 2 days and they are over in finglas so no mad taxi fares. I saw the website you done for them, nice job, but they really need a logo to brand themselves.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah they do. They've looked after me, even though it took forever, so I have offered to help them out a bit. I will put a logo together for them and get their business cards sorted out too. They will just have to pay for them. I was thinking of a a grille and headlights with their name plated onto the image. Too many auto shops use wheels in their logo. I built www.NCTrepairs.ie using an old template builder two years ago and they use a tyre logo. The website is terrible (one of my first projects), but he won't let me touch it, because it ranks really well in Google.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 pm

You have a point about the Wheel in logos, we charge €200 a day when working on logos. Be interesting to see what you come up with.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Well i've designed my own logos before. One inspired apparently by the illuminati :)

I have posted a very recent message from a strange fellow and it includes my reply. Funny. In the mean time, check out my logos at

1) http://www.ModernHypnosis.ie
2) http://www.PureHypnosis.net
3) www.TheIrishHypnotistRegister.ie (look at the side of the book in this one)

So, here is the funny email and reply. I'm usually quite professional, but the email was just rude.

RECEIVED
name = Thomas
email = <snip>
Feedback = Why the feck do yous have an illuminati symbol you corrupt cunts il make sure no one ever goes here

SENT
Dear Human Slave. The Annunaki Gods will not tolerate unfit slaves when they come to re-conquer the Earth in December this year. This is why I have been speaking with the Annunaki High Council since 2008 and have been using mystical powers to hypnotise their slaves in order to get them off tobacco, alcohol and to make them lose weight, so they will be fit for hard labour when our rulers arrive in their pyramid war ships. I can give you a 50% discount if you wish to stop smoking, or lose weight and this will please your Annunaki Gods. This is all you have to do:

Press that big red button beside your bed and when the man in the white coat arrives, you can ask him to give you a higher dose of your happy pills. When you wake up, get a life and stop reading all that bull crap on the internet about lizards and illuminati, unless you realise it is for entertainment purposes. You can then read the text below.

If you actually read my website, it refers to hypnosis being older than the pyramids, but this is the first area of popular history, which refers to hypnosis. This is why I used a pyramid in my logo. I used an eye, because hypnosis is a heightened state of awareness and uses visualisation in most sessions. I had been to Egypt in 2006 and the "eye of horas" was a dominant symbol within the pyramid. This influenced me into choosing the logo I use for my business. I think your message was both stupid and cowardly. At best, you're a keyboard warrior. Have a nice day doing whatever you do......no doubt unemployed. If you need work, get in touch...I have a few leaflets you can hand out for me and there is no mention of lizards on them.

Concerned Regards,

Gary

I'll probably see my reply on some conspiracy theory forum in a few weeks. :lol:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:You have a point about the Wheel in logos, we charge €200 a day when working on logos. Be interesting to see what you come up with.

So after plenty of back and forth, I finally got something I was satisfied with. The designer I had was a retard and couldn't understand basic points I was making half the time. Anyway. The logo can be seen at http://www.gvdautos.ie or below for a time.

Last edited by goz_83 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Looks much better mate, Just a thought; On the website I cant read the yellow text that is over white, maybe try a darker colour or make the box the text is on darker.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:Looks much better mate, Just a thought; On the website I cant read the yellow text that is over white, maybe try a darker colour or make the box the text is on darker.

Cheers Chris. The main thing is that the owner likes it, but i'm still waiting to hear from him, as he hasn't been near a computer yet to look at it.

You must be seeing something i'm not. Are talking about the Home Page? I have checked the site in IE, FF, GC & Safari. All look fine. But if there is a problem, I would like to fix it. Maybe you can creen grab the issue for me?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm

yeah, your right. Its different in work, at home I am using Crome and the top of the boxes are pure white, so when the yellow text is over them I can't read it but here in work on safari its fine.

Will send you a screen shot when I get home, about 11 tonight.
Last edited by Chris_Heilong on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:45 pm

I will look into changing it so. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, if you know someone looking for a website to be built :wink:

Have a look at http://www.simplybuiltwebsites.ie
Last edited by goz_83 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 pm

will do, thanks.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 am

Looks great now Goz.
Chris_Heilong

Next

Return to General FTO Discussion