Clio Sport 3L V6

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Clio Sport 3L V6

Postby CJ » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:51 pm

I was stopped at the lights behind a Clio Sport 3L V6 this evening, the lights changed and I followed at a normal pace, when he spotted me, the driver floored it, I followed but didn't give chase as such (we were coming up to a 30MPH zone) but the lad was driving like he stole it! I always find these situations a bit funny in the sense that other drivers seem threatened by the FTO and kick into Schumacher mode. In fairness this thing could really shift (255bhp, 0-60 in 5secs), given the right conditions, I'd relish the opportunity to give one a run for its money. One thing though, they look like a shoebox (and would probably handle like one in the wet - RWD short wheelbase).
A couple of hundred yards down the road an MR-2 spotted me behind him and took off like a bat out of hell (again a 30MPH zone), it makes me laugh :)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:08 pm

Man, I totally hear this - it's (a very small) part of the reason I was persuaded out of the FTO. Although it's great getting the looks in the FTO, I really got tired of having every idiot (in all shapes and sizes of car) having a go in every possible situation - overtaken while doing 30mph in a 30mph zone through stepaside village, overtaken on the railway crossing at Bayside, constantly find people driving up your 'zorst on the motorway, traffice light racing from one set of lights to another, driving up my 'zorst on windy back roads in the wet, people not letting you out from junctions in traffic etc, etc,.

Some real saddos out there but I suppose at least the FTO is getting the respect it deserves :-)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars