Hi just joined!

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hi just joined!

Postby Leeandjude » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 pm

hiya people!
im lee and i am from the northeast UK. I joined because out of all the FTO forums this seemed the most lively!

I have a black manual GR. I bought it as a car to use as a daily driver to go to work in. The guy i bought it off (only £500!) was a professional valeter so the car is still really shiny as he used Zymol Royale wax (look it up and die when you see the price :D ).
He also said a lot of things. ie that it is chipped, HKS cammed, new speakers etc, didnt care if it was or not to be honest. Well turns out some if it was BS and some not. New speakers? :lol: no as they are all ripped when i looked. As for chipped it is as i found it under the dash. HKS cams im not sure but it is a bit lumpy on low revs or idle.

Things to fix or already done:
Heater. Would only blow cold when i got it. Also control unit wouldnt work sometimes. Replaced the unit. Took the entire dash off and found why only on cold....there was a builders pencil in the heat controller box! so i jammed it on hot for now but i need a new one (pm me if you have one).

Dodgy drivers window. wouldnt sit right going up, catching on door. Took off door card and can see why. Where the motor sits bolted to door it is fractured meaning too much movement. I have a complete new door to put on (hopefully tomorrow)

Blowing front pipe. Both flexis have gone, i have a replacement here to go on (current one is off as today :D )

I also removed the air con today but im stuck (thread started regarding this)

I also have to underseal the car tomorrow ready for winter.

Heres some pics of the car when i first got it...i will put newer ones soon
thanks anyway guys :D
lee

Leeandjude
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Hi just joined!

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Welcome along.

Few thoughts:
The hks chip is likely to be a delimiter
It would be cheaper to get parts locally than from ireland
Removing the ac pump will cause you trouble with eating belts
Is that a big rust patch on the drivers side suspension turret
colm_mcm

Re: Hi just joined!

Postby Leeandjude » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:55 pm

hiya
the chip was a superchip one and the rust hole on the turret is now welded up and sorted!

aircon is already off so thats that idea blown out! :lol:
Leeandjude
1st gear
1st gear

Return to Introduce yourself