Broker V's Direct insurance

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Broker V's Direct insurance

Postby Mustang » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:24 pm

I've always felt that the broker was the uneccessary (profiting) middle man in the insurance industry. Despite this I am still with the same broker for a number of years, for a number of reasons, price (not always cheapest mind), package on offer, level of cover and the knowledge that I can insure most 'performance' cars within reason.
My GF has 7 years NCB and 7yrs full licence, is older than me, has country address (female obviously!). Well last renewal she left Hibernian as they were giving here the run around and went to Allianz direct (who I am with, through a broker though) as they were more competitive and seemed more accommodating. -In reality it seems they are not. Any mention of a 'performance' car and they treat her like a criminal!
I am named on her policy. Just the other day she wanted to trasfer her cover onto my car (alfa 156). They said they would but I would have to come off the policy as "the loading would be too high" FFS it's my car and I'm insured with the same company :evil: This makes no sense.
This kind of crap really annoys me. Annoys her even more!
And they we not let her insure an FTO. :smt013
There seems to be a double standard here (albeit in my favour) between dealing direct and dealing through a broker. The later being much more flexible and accommodating. Despite being male, younger and having less of an NCB I seem to have much more freeedom on the insurance front. :wink: :smt102 Anyone any thoughts/ experiences ?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance