Fto GPX 95 - all parts available

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Fto GPX 95 - all parts available

Postby richardc9052 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Never mind
Last edited by richardc9052 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cos they are "GORGEOUS" - StewyD32
richardc9052
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Fto GPX 95 - all parts available

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 pm

:( Ah rich, sorry to hear that.
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:07 am

Hi Richie, sorry to hear that mate, but the FTO's as they're getting on need a fair bit of maintenance.

I KNOW how you feel, had alot of trouble with mine, and i put it up for sale and wanted rid of it, after only getting back out of the garage (6 weeks off the road :evil: ) i couldn't be happier

I've had CV joints go

When they were in being done, the mechanic told me the front 2 shocks were boloxed and 3 tyres needed urgent replacing! 2 had bulges on the inside and one of the rear ones had the alloy rim coming through the rubber :x

i was feeling down on my luck with the FTO and soon lost interest, also had springs and HID's ordered. One HID ballast blew within 2 weeks of fitment (new ballast is going the same way, think it may be wiring)

eventually got the car back just before the meet at Kinvara, next morning clutch went in it, back to the same mechanic i went after transporting it from Roscommon/Galway to Wicklow. First attempt to trailer it back failed as the trailer was too small for the bulky FTO wings :twisted:

I was really being tested at this stage. after 2 weeks and 2 attempts to bring it home we eventually made it. Mechanic calls me after a week to say the Flywheel needs replacing as well!!! Could things get any worse :(

Only last Monday i got her back out the garage. new tyres, flywheel, clutch, shocks, CV joints, and its going like a dream now.

Its knocked my confidence as to what will go next but.......
My message is dont give up, these things are sometimes sent to test us!

I wouldn't change mine now and its no longer for sale, hope this is of some inspriation man, chin up
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 am

richardc9052 wrote:Right lads, the fto really pissed me off today.. so its for sale.. either in parts or whole.

Its NCT'd to mid June and would pass again

All parts available.
Has faulty alternator. (sometimes wont hit mivec)
engine needs tappets adjusting.
Laquer peeling off bonnet
Standard alloys painted black (need respraying properly)
New Mintex pads up front

I am looking for 1000 euro whole.
Or if i get enough interest i will part it....

Im really quite sad about this but on the way home from mallow th heating decided to try and kill me by filling the car with smoke. Mechanic said the wires in the heating system must be crossing somewhere as its only when its on.

I cant be bothered with the problems,
I had ordered Matte Red paint, lowering springs and other goodies but i cancelled those orders earlier..

Maybe just concentrate on your mechanical problems first dude, alloys and bonnet can wait.

Its an awful pity its a lovely looking car
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby richardc9052 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:19 am

Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:Hi Richie, sorry to hear that mate, but the FTO's as they're getting on need a fair bit of maintenance.

I KNOW how you feel, had alot of trouble with mine, and i put it up for sale and wanted rid of it, after only getting back out of the garage (6 weeks off the road :evil: ) i couldn't be happier

I've had CV joints go

When they were in being done, the mechanic told me the front 2 shocks were boloxed and 3 tyres needed urgent replacing! 2 had bulges on the inside and one of the rear ones had the alloy rim coming through the rubber :x

i was feeling down on my luck with the FTO and soon lost interest, also had springs and HID's ordered. One HID ballast blew within 2 weeks of fitment (new ballast is going the same way, think it may be wiring)

eventually got the car back just before the meet at Kinvara, next morning clutch went in it, back to the same mechanic i went after transporting it from Roscommon/Galway to Wicklow. First attempt to trailer it back failed as the trailer was too small for the bulky FTO wings :twisted:

I was really being tested at this stage. after 2 weeks and 2 attempts to bring it home we eventually made it. Mechanic calls me after a week to say the Flywheel needs replacing as well!!! Could things get any worse :(

Only last Monday i got her back out the garage. new tyres, flywheel, clutch, shocks, CV joints, and its going like a dream now.

Its knocked my confidence as to what will go next but.......
My message is dont give up, these things are sometimes sent to test us!

I wouldn't change mine now and its no longer for sale, hope this is of some inspriation man, chin up

Thanks for that man, it really made me think about it. i tried to drive it again last night.... turns out its not the heater as i didnt use it, car still filled with smoke..

As for mechanical bits, they where all on table as well as there WHERE only a few!

Depending on what mechanic says later when i take him for a spin with a gasmask on.. i still may go ahead with breaking it.

Thanks for the confidence boos though! really helped!
richardc9052
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Glad it was of some help :)

Let us know how ya get on, hopefully it will be not too bad news from the mechanic man
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Kace » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:41 pm

No doubt your 'smoke' problem is probably your Heater Matrix. A very common FTO fault and unfortunately a bit of a fiddly pain to replace. In general though, very few things go wrong with an FTO and once they're sorted it's plain sailing / happy motoring for the vast majority of the time.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby richardc9052 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Kace wrote:No doubt your 'smoke' problem is probably your Heater Matrix. A very common FTO fault and unfortunately a bit of a fiddly pain to replace. In general though, very few things go wrong with an FTO and once they're sorted it's plain sailing / happy motoring for the vast majority of the time.

Already found that out this morning... its been bypassed for a few days... what a scare!
richardc9052
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Take it your keeping it :smt003

Good man :smt023

ya gonna re-order those parts?
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby richardc9052 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:Take it your keeping it :smt003

Good man :smt023

ya gonna re-order those parts?

Already did! hope yer man in the body shop still has my sample! seeing as the colour im respraying is out i will post the pic i found it on in the project thread now..
richardc9052
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to For Sale