FTO back on the Quinn direct website

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance Quinn Direct

Postby Gwyn » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 pm

Just bought a 98 FTO GX Aero, and as was already insured with Quinn went to them first for a quote - no joy - they 'don't insure the FTO'...
FYI - if you are already a customer and you buy an FTO - they have to insure you. I found this out too late though.

No matter - got insurance for under 900 Euro elsewhere....
Gwyn
Octane king
Octane king

Re: Insurance Quinn Direct

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:53 pm

Firstly Gwyn, welcome to the forums :)

Gwyn wrote:FYI - if you are already a customer and you buy an FTO - they have to insure you. I found this out too late though

Did you speak to the ombudsman about it by any chance?

Gwyn wrote:No matter - got insurance for under 900 Euro elsewhere....

Would be interested to know your criteria and who you got insured with.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kona » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:25 pm

just as well i read this thread today.bought a 94GR and was gonna insure with fbd as quinn would not qoute.1250 starting from dec 23rd with fbd. my original policy is up on dec 22nd and i would have to wait for that to finish otherwise i would lose nearly a year of no claims bonus.
im 29 and have nearly 3 yrs no claims with quinn,so i rang them up and they said they could not quote.i politely told them that they were obliged to qoute me.please hold she said.came back and asked me had i bought the car,i said not yet but will have in a few hours.please hold again.
1053 yoyos i was told.
thanks to this site i can now get insured today and at 200 more in my pocket.(happy days)
kona
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:03 pm

kona wrote:...thanks to this site i can now get insured today and at 200 more in my pocket.(happy days)

Good news.

Please make the cheque for €200 payable to FTO Ireland Owners Club.
Glad to be of service! :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:16 pm

That's awesome..

When I tried the same thing with Hibernian they quoted me 5k...so I declined thier generous offer.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Mustang » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:19 pm

kona wrote:just as well i read this thread today.bought a 94GR and was gonna insure with fbd as quinn would not qoute.1250 starting from dec 23rd with fbd. my original policy is up on dec 22nd and i would have to wait for that to finish otherwise i would lose nearly a year of no claims bonus.
im 29 and have nearly 3 yrs no claims with quinn,so i rang them up and they said they could not quote.i politely told them that they were obliged to qoute me.please hold she said.came back and asked me had i bought the car,i said not yet but will have in a few hours.please hold again.
1053 yoyos i was told.
thanks to this site i can now get insured today and at 200 more in my pocket.(happy days)

Good stuff Kona stick it to 'em! :smt023

MyfeckinFTO wrote
Please make the cheque for €200 payable to FTO Ireland Owners Club.

....care of Mr. Mustang (well I did start this thread :wink: )
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:55 pm

kona wrote:ji politely told them that they were obliged to qoute me.please hold she said.came back and asked me had i bought the car,i said not yet but will have in a few hours.please hold again.
1053 yoyos i was told.

Great news Kona, fair play for not backing down.
This is very interesting though, QD must have some internal policy whereby if you insist they quote you, they have to do so.

Has anyone else insisted on a quote from QD only to be turned down?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Viper » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:41 pm

I didn't insist as such, just kept phoning them, getting put through to different people and getting slightly different responses... eventually one of them was 'yes, no problems'...
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby saoirse32 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:17 pm

none of the quotes make any sense to me at all , looks like their picking the quotes out of a hat to me......?
i cant get insured in the fto anywhere, got a quote off axa and they quoted 6800, whit a speed tracker attached!!
what do they take me for.
because im only 21, had to find another way of getting insured in it. :twisted:
not the most legal way but im still insured... :D
Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

96 passion red gr
saoirse32
Speed freak
Speed freak

Previous

Return to Motor Insurance